Preset download: "Ringing Madness"

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Electronathan

Preset download: "Ringing Madness"

Post by Electronathan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Hello Peoples.
I don't post much on forums, but this place has been a great resource to me and many have contributed some awesome creative tips.
Today I'm posting a roll-your-own preset that I hope will please many. It's my way of saying thanks to all the cool peeps out there pushing Live to the limits.

Download Link: http://files.me.com/jonathansorge/0xfulb

I added text info to some of the macros which will appear in the helper window as you mouse over stuff to illustrate the controls. This started out with me wanting to emulate Logic's Ringshifter and then I quickly realized how I could go a lot further with that idea in Live 8. So, Ringing Madness, as I like to call her, does that similar internal feedback with LFOs modulating the freqs, etc. I also went ahead and split up the input signal into Left/Right AND Mid/Side channels (you can freely select which mode you want) where each gets its own Frequency Shifter device. But wait... there's more!! Both Frequency Shifter and Ringshifter let you select the kind of modulation mode you want, but on this particular macro you can mix / crossfade the RM & FS signals anyway you want – no switching necessary!

I feel the macro knobs are good for controlling the parameters overall, but I also feel like I ran out of space really fast. Things like AutoFilters Mode and Resonance settings (part of the delay feedback) don't have macros - but I guess that's what MIDI mapping is for.
That about covers it for me. Thanks again to all the people who saved me troubleshooting headaches and those who shared their creative knowledge with the rest of us!
Peace.
I'm functioning in realtime.

paq

Re: Preset download: "Ringing Madness"

Post by paq » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

good job. very dark vibes. great for deep tech, dubstep and stuff.
nothin notable here.

arafel

Re: Preset download: "Ringing Madness"

Post by arafel » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Jebuz... that ringing madness is sweet

Makes me want to upgrade to live 8...

TY. Really quality work
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.