Edit mulitple note drum rack (tuning / values / etc)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
larrygates

Edit mulitple note drum rack (tuning / values / etc)

Post by larrygates » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:42 am

Looked through the search, looked through the manual. I see people talking about looking for multiple choke options. I've seen that I can copy a value to the sibling slices. Doesn't really help to get a 20+ slice tuned up etc.

My question, is there a way to edit ALL the slices at once in Simpler? Or select a few slices and edit tuning etc. I tried selecting multiple chains but that blanks out Simpler.

So it looks kind of bad from here. Seems like I may have to keep using Battery / GURU for now.

zalo

Re: Edit mulitple note drum rack (tuning / values / etc)

Post by zalo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:12 am

map to macros

larrygates

Post by larrygates » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:30 am

Unfortunately. You only have 8 macros. And you have to click through all 20 slices just to map the macros. I have to stick to other vst that deal with multiple one shots better.
zalo wrote:map to macros

Electronathan

Post by Electronathan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 am

larrygates wrote:My question, is there a way to edit ALL the slices at once in Simpler? Or select a few slices and edit tuning etc. I tried selecting multiple chains but that blanks out Simpler.
While this wouldn't totally answer your question, rather than tuning 20+ samples after you slice them, make your own slicing preset and add it to the Presets folder (can't remember the exact location, sorry).
Create one instance of Simpler on a drum rack pad, map the Simpler parameters you need to the Macros and Live's Slice-to-MIDI feature will present that as a template. This also handy if you want FX running parallel, like Overdrive, on each pad.

So, the best recommendation as of now is to think about how you want to tune samples BEFORE you slice them. Good Luck!
I'm functioning in realtime.