Finally, I've uninstalled Cubase SX

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mosca

Finally, I've uninstalled Cubase SX

Post by mosca » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:22 pm

Don't need it, don't want to use it

Live 4 all the way

how 'bout you guys?

mosca

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:26 pm

i'm leaning toward uninstalling Reason. Frankly i could use the extra 2GB that it and the refills i have (and am not using) would free up. but i havent made the jump just yet... its hard to imagine uninstalling, but i havent opened it since the Beta of Live 4. =\

I take it the uninstallation of Cubase SX was a liberating experience for you, yes?

Peropaal

Post by Peropaal » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:41 pm

ah, cubase is still there, but I am using it with my Mackie Controller as a bus mixer on another computer...

Wondering if there is a translation utility somewhere so that I can use the controller with Live, you know, a software that sits between the midi interface and Live...?

A friend of mine just bought this BCR2000 thing, and boy! that was fun playing with..
sigs are out of fashion

claudek

Post by claudek » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:31 pm

I dumped Cubase about 4 years ago..Now Live and Logic..
Cubase 5.1 was not a bad program , but got fed up with the bugs and bad customer support..So said by bye..
Have not missed them much..nor does my music..
Soon just Live..
Great program and super company!
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

Frederik654

Post by Frederik654 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:32 pm

See my sig ..

I used to work with reason rewired to SX and mostly only for the Redrum and Efx but the samples came from the NI Battery Kits. That's Synthetic Drums Sample Cd in other words. So bye bye Reason, I got the Impulse. And bye bye Cubase with all the tracks and routings that you had to set up manually. Live is automatic on plugins and is so much faster and easier.

Current setup .. Live 4.0.1, Drums Sample cd, MiniMoog Vst, Modular Vst, Waves, D-50 (as a midi controller for Simpler hehe) and a Nord Lead 3 with some other outboard equipment as well. For now it does the job.

And praise the lord for simpler..

Fred
Live8 Suite, Logic Pro X, µTonic, Synplant, U-He ACE, U-He Zebra2.x, U-He Uhbik's, U-He DIVA, Tal Bassline, GURU, Genelec 8040's, SPL Control, Serato, Traktor, TouchAble

majestic

Post by majestic » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:14 am

I've used Cubase for 12 years and apart from some dreadful bugs (disappearing audio in v4, bad screen redraw in first release of SX2), it's been pretty good as far as conventional sequencers go (especially the current release of SX2).

However, Live 4 has completely replaced Cubase for me. I need to keep Cubase around until early next year, and then I'll be breaking all ties with it.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:49 am

I've got Sonar 3.0 Pro laying around collecting dust. I used it occasionally when I needed virtual instruments for use in Live 3. But now with Live 4...don't need it anymore. :cry:
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:54 am

Reason has really become my "rack" in so many ways. I don't sequence in Reason anymore, I do it all in Live 4. Its so good to mix Reason and Absynth. God I'm a dirty whore! :lol:

qchapter

Post by qchapter » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:04 am

Last year I replaced ProTools with Live 3.0. Now that 4.0 is here I haven't used Reason at all. I have yet to uninstall it, but it could happen in the near future. I'm loving the Live, Simpler, Impulse, and Vanguard combo. Simple, inspiring, and sounds so damn good.

-Kevin
Electro-Rock strait outta Tejas!

http://qchapter.com/

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:06 am

Since Live 3 came out, I ditched Digital Performer, Logic, Cubase SL, Battery, Kontakt, and Stylus. There were things about each of them that I really, really dug. Now, Live, Reason, and Pro Tools are incredibly inspiring and creative for me, man. Beats are built with Live and Reason rewired (or sometimes just reason, or sometimes just Live), vocal tracking and final mixing in Pro Tools.

Since going to this lineup over a year ago, my productivity has shot up like a rocket. I've produced or helped produce 3 or 4 albums worth of material in a year. For me simpler (pun intended) is definitely better.

I'm staying put with this set up for a while to dig deep and get to know each program like the back of my hand. Maybe even delve into the unchartered territory of making my own samples (I know, heresy for most hip hop artist).

Anyway, it's cool to hear that others are as excited about Live as I am.
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

futureproof

Post by futureproof » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:44 am

Amberience wrote:Reason has really become my "rack" in so many ways. I don't sequence in Reason anymore, I do it all in Live 4. Its so good to mix Reason and Absynth. God I'm a dirty whore! :lol:
yup yup, im diggin calling up malstrom and nnxt directly from within channels in Live and sequencing them into clips. dopeness.
"THE biggest differences between Live 3 & 4 are the things that Live 4 have that are missing in Live 3"

-some dude on KVR.