start/stop messages

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
fisk

start/stop messages

Post by fisk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:45 pm

hi, apologies if this has been asked already
is there a way to get Live's sequencer start/stop messages into MfL? i have transport and quantised metros running smoothly but would like to have a 1 on start and 0 on stop for reset messages. i know this is probably really simple but i can't fig it out. transport has its own on/off switch and it reports the state of this obediently enough, but theres no way to know if Live is running or not (and therefore, it, as it is slaved to Live).

any help appreciated.

fisk

emmanuel_2

Re: start/stop messages

Post by emmanuel_2 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm

fisk wrote:hi, apologies if this has been asked already
is there a way to get Live's sequencer start/stop messages into MfL? i have transport and quantised metros running smoothly but would like to have a 1 on start and 0 on stop for reset messages. i know this is probably really simple but i can't fig it out. transport has its own on/off switch and it reports the state of this obediently enough, but theres no way to know if Live is running or not (and therefore, it, as it is slaved to Live).
You can do that with live.path+live.object. You might want to have a look to the M4L.api.ToggleTransport abstraction which is in the Max5/examples/M4L.Examples/LiveAPI/Abstractions/ folder.
ej

fisk

Re: start/stop messages

Post by fisk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:03 pm

yeah i thought about that but would mean a major rewrite of a load of my stuff. i just discovered ObserveTransport which i think will do the job, sorry i overlooked that before i posted, couldn't get it working a few weeks ago for some reason.
all good now, cheers.