Launch clips not at bar start

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
jmeager

Launch clips not at bar start

Post by jmeager » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:39 am

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to launch clips in Ableton so that they aren't always tied to the start of a bar?

Ideally I'd like to use the Launchpad to launch, and then relaunch the same clip in quick succession, without the loop waiting for the start of the next bar.

Thanks in advance :)

WFTD

Re: Launch clips not at bar start

Post by WFTD » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:12 am

Hi..

So I guess you want to just keep pressing it and starting from the beginning of the bar....rather than wait for it to come round? Am I making sense??

There is a setting on the clip I think which you have the quantistion set to GLOBAL. I think on the specific clip you want to do this on, cnahge it from global to NONE...

Let me know if that works....havent got it open at the moment so doing this from memory

WFTD

jmeager

Post by jmeager » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks for that - will check it out on my lunch. It sounds about right for what I want.

jmeager

Post by jmeager » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:20 pm

WFTD wrote:There is a setting on the clip I think which you have the quantistion set to GLOBAL. I think on the specific clip you want to do this on, cnahge it from global to NONE...
Just tried this out - works perfectly.

You just need to click the "L" at the bottom left of the clip. I can't believe I hadn't looked at that menu! Thanks for the advice!

WFTD

Post by WFTD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:32 am

No worries.......