names for projekts,bands,dj´s ..what is wrong with an own o

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3phase

names for projekts,bands,dj´s ..what is wrong with an own o

Post by 3phase » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi there

I wonder that more and more people tend to use names that are allready taken... is it a real problem to get an own one? why not just google your ideas?

am i old fashioned here? For me its prertty lame to have exsiting names..or? is it the same now than using preset loops?

Is this getting a trend now or just a sign that your record company has stopped to sew anybody?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

McQ714

Re: names for projekts,bands,dj´s ..what is wrong with an own o

Post by McQ714 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 pm

just don't go naming yourself DJ Monster Cable and you'll be fine.
Last edited by McQ714 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 pm

every day more words are taken as band names so every day statistically speaking there are more chances for name repeats.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Or just make one up, that's what I did.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:35 am

Tone Deft wrote:every day more words are taken as band names so every day statistically speaking there are more chances for name repeats.
every time i do a projekt with friends under another name we quickly come up with one that is not allready taken by a band...

no matter what style.. its actually pretty easy.. google it.. ready.. if you want to be serious about you goggly nameX music.. or nameX dj

this dont takes care for bands that refuse to have kontakt with the internet.. but i think thats the least what you can do..

you know they do this with movie and compnay names all the time... or medical names..

once got sewed because i named an album aspirin.. should have goggled this...
i wonder how many motor heads or nine inch nails are out there.. any 8 inch nalis.. or 5 inch nails...?

moment i google it..count the seconds...

first page is only nine inch nails in letters.. !!! google is pretty good..even warns a band that ther is something close !!

i check quickly some more pages...

up to page 10 its nine inch nails. wow... and than

Nagelstudio Ten Inch Nails Dortmund...

So 5 inch nails is free :!:
anybody wants it? maybe some of the 3 phase guys out there like to take it in exchange?..

its proven that this more original when 10 google pages dont find it.

an uniquer name in 5 minutes !!!

its easy

simonlb

Post by simonlb » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:40 am

A lot of "DJ Names" crack me up, I wonder how many DJ Pulses, DJ Flows, etc are out there... in fact just putting "DJ" in front of your (real or stage) name is silly enough unless you have a ridiculously good or piss-taking funny stage name.

dum

Post by dum » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:56 am

Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:59 pm

simonlb wrote:A lot of "DJ Names" crack me up, I wonder how many DJ Pulses, DJ Flows, etc are out there... in fact just putting "DJ" in front of your (real or stage) name is silly enough unless you have a ridiculously good or piss-taking funny stage name.
Best I ever saw was back in the rave days, DJ BagODonuts.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:21 pm

O-town is already taken.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

3phase

Post by 3phase » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 pm

all names are taken? defentlay not.. there are millions of untaken ones... besides if somebody wants to say a certain thing ther is allways a ways to say it in differnt ways or combine differnt words...

isnt this the most lame thing in the world to dont have an own name?

if its a too high creativ task to find one, its probably better to dont waste bandwidth by releasing copied music anyway..

to dont be after a unique name defently prooves a big lack of creativity and attitude.. nobody needs music from such characters..

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:33 pm

3phase wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:every day more words are taken as band names so every day statistically speaking there are more chances for name repeats.
every time i do a projekt with friends under another name we quickly come up with one that is not allready taken by a band...

no matter what style.. its actually pretty easy.. google it.. ready.. if you want to be serious about you goggly nameX music.. or nameX dj

this dont takes care for bands that refuse to have kontakt with the internet.. but i think thats the least what you can do..

you know they do this with movie and compnay names all the time... or medical names..

once got sewed because i named an album aspirin.. should have goggled this...
i wonder how many motor heads or nine inch nails are out there.. any 8 inch nalis.. or 5 inch nails...?

moment i google it..count the seconds...

first page is only nine inch nails in letters.. !!! google is pretty good..even warns a band that ther is something close !!

i check quickly some more pages...

up to page 10 its nine inch nails. wow... and than

Nagelstudio Ten Inch Nails Dortmund...

So 5 inch nails is free :!:
anybody wants it? maybe some of the 3 phase guys out there like to take it in exchange?..

its proven that this more original when 10 google pages dont find it.

an uniquer name in 5 minutes !!!

its easy
you've stated time and again how you're superior to everyone else on the forum, naturally your friends are just as awesome as you are. I have no doubt that every aspect of your creative endeavors are far more superior in content and naming than everyone else.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz