Picture of Plugin in Browser

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
MoRbIdBoY

Picture of Plugin in Browser

Post by MoRbIdBoY » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:05 pm

It would be nice for the Ableton browser to do a lot more.

I absolutely LOVE the Ableton browser, it's a butey. It's one of the best there is in any sequencer and it ALWAYS finds what I'm looking for.

But its basic. Who knows maybe that's what keeps it quick. What WOULD be nice is:

1) To have a "detail" option button in the top of the browser (near the search button) and for that to:

2) Show a picture preview of a plugin, directly under the plugin name.
3) Show MIDI (by channel) and AUDIO waveform previews under samples. (I know there is already a small preview window at the bottom, but it would be nice in a large box actually in the browser itself).
4) Show Ableton instrument logos or details about which plugins a "sound / rack" contains.

And now, time for the gallery (Que Tony Heart Music):

Etc. (Er.. Well... you get the BASIC idea, lol - good job I chose music and not art!).

All of this would of course be optional. Maybe in the configuration options or the options.txt file. Those wanting this could expect a "performance hit" for the feature, those who like the old style of browser could stay as they are.

That would make my day. Who knows... Christmas is coming...

PS.

It would be doubly sweet if these options showed up on the search results as well!

outershpongolia

Re: Picture of Plugin in Browser

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Regardless of what the feature request is, I think you're 10x better off when you start photoshoppping your ideas so you can present them to the masses like this, good stuff!

- people will jump right on board, start brainstorming and I think Ableton will take notice of it rather than a big long thread of 001 - wahhhwahhwahh, 002 - whahhwahhwahh , 003 - blahh balhhh