80's delight..... it's delightful.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
theque

80's delight..... it's delightful.

Post by theque » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm

This is a mix i made, nobody goes to the share your music page, so i am stuffing it in here just because i am extra keen to get some opinions on this mix. i spent too much time putting it together and searching through lots of 80's music and picking out some fat juicy 80's tracks, tasty loops and samples. It's all done in live with a vestax vcm600 mixer. it goes for an hour with a fantastic introduction by m-m-m-mmax h-h-h-e-headroom. So if some of you have got the time or want to have something a bit different to put on the i-pod download if from soundcloud, have a listen and tell me how you like it.

tracks include

prince, starship, the police, cindy lauper, young mc, huey lewis, men with hats, def leppard, billy idol and grand master flash.

all the good stuff

thankyou ableton peoples

http://soundcloud.com/theque?utm_source ... m%2Ftheque

razorblade

Re: 80's delight..... it's delightful.

Post by razorblade » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:50 pm

theque wrote:This is a mix i made, nobody goes to the share your music page, so i am stuffing it in here just because i am extra keen to get some opinions on this mix. i spent too much time putting it together and searching through lots of 80's music and picking out some fat juicy 80's tracks, tasty loops and samples. It's all done in live with a vestax vcm600 mixer. it goes for an hour with a fantastic introduction by m-m-m-mmax h-h-h-e-headroom. So if some of you have got the time or want to have something a bit different to put on the i-pod download if from soundcloud, have a listen and tell me how you like it.

tracks include

prince, starship, the police, cindy lauper, young mc, huey lewis, men with hats, def leppard, billy idol and grand master flash.

all the good stuff

thankyou ableton peoples

http://soundcloud.com/theque?utm_source ... m%2Ftheque
Apparently, your eighties were different than mine.

Starship, Huey Lewis and Men with Hats are not "The Good Stuff" from the eighties.
Just sayin'....
No...I am 3phase!

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Great start, but then got a bit too cram in as much 80s stuff in a medley as possible for my taste... fun, though... would've been more interesting (for me) to go with that style at the start and choose the tracks based on that direction, rather than try and mix loads of stuff that really doesn't want to be mixed together...

Also: Phil Collins? :? :lol:

theque

Post by theque » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:06 pm

thanks guys

Post by 102455 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm

OK I didn't listen to it all the way through, but IMO it's a bit of a random mess - no flow to it.

Also I think some of the tracks were taken way out of their tempo 'comfort zone'.