Looking for some good flute plug ins

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
C.817

Looking for some good flute plug ins

Post by C.817 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:32 am

Where r the best flute plug ins I produce hip hop but Im really just being lazy and want to add some more sounds to this pretty extensive arsenal.
Mac pro i7

carpekd

Re: Looking for some good flute plug ins

Post by carpekd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 am

I don't know if it's the sound your looking for, but the free Kontact / Kore players from NI have some nice flute sounds if I remember correctly...Also, the essential instruments collection that you get with the boxed version of Live comes with a nice sampled concert flute

Mister Natural

Post by Mister Natural » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 am

dunno what you're looking for but I can get some amazing tones out of this : http://www.kvraudio.com/db/220

. . . for free
an expert only on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google
#smile

Mister36

Post by Mister36 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 am

I was trying to think of the name of that one (knew the flute bit). I used to use that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. But not for flute sounds. From what I remember, it's not actualy very good for flute sounds at all. :P

But an interesting freebie to play around with nonetheless.

I've actually fairly recently moved onto a Mac for music and I tried using this in Ableton but couldn't get it to work... Anyone have any idea why? Does Live not support VSTi? Sorry for slightly "hi-jacking" the thread, Mr. OP. Though if this plug sounds useful for you and you're on a Mac, the responses might also be useful to you. That's my justification and I'm sticking to it. :P

scientist

Post by scientist » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:30 am

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul10/a ... oflute.htm

it's not cheap - especially if you don't already own kontakt - but has a lot of jazz articulations that i haven't found anywhere else...breath, sung notes, ascending trills, etc.

C.817

Post by C.817 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:51 am

Not looking to spend to much cash but in the end thats what it takes, its what it takes, I like the old motif flutes probably end up sampling down my friends, anybody bought the noavochrod synth for live 8.2.1, is it worth the 80$.
Mac pro i7