Sylenth1 vs DCAM Synth Squad vs...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
seventhirtyfour

Sylenth1 vs DCAM Synth Squad vs...

Post by seventhirtyfour » Mon May 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Looking to hook up a soft synth able to make some fat but SMOOTH sounds (not real gritty) as well as other sounds in that same family. I've been using NI Massive, love it, but am wanting to get something that is NOT like it.

Word is that Sylenth1 can make some pretty nice sounds, but DCAM is looking good, too. I am hearing good things about Strobe and feel like with all three synths plus Fusor the limit on creative possibility using DCAM Synth Squad will be incredibly high.

I have still have yet to demo, which I will do later this week, but cannot say how much some input would be appreciated from those who have used both, one, or the other. Also, definitely open to checking out some other comparable synths besides these two if anyone wants to suggest.

FYI, I am producing primarily in the electro house/complextro/house genres of electro dance music.

Thanks a ton everyone.

Saxer

Re: Sylenth1 vs DCAM Synth Squad vs...

Post by Saxer » Mon May 16, 2011 7:22 pm

i use synthsquad for the (more or less) rough and edgy sounds.
for the smooth sounds you could have a look at synapse dune or u-he ace. there are demo versions of both.

seventhirtyfour

Post by seventhirtyfour » Mon May 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Awesome, thank you. I will definitely look into those.

necho

Post by necho » Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Linplug Albino does smooth and fat.
_________
sigs suck.

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Tue May 17, 2011 4:11 pm

necho wrote:Linplug Albino does smooth and fat.
+1

sabiwa

Post by sabiwa » Tue May 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Synth Squad

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Tue May 17, 2011 6:11 pm

I have both and they each have their own character. Both are good for gritty leads and pads etc. One major difference between the two, however, is the CPU usage - Synth Squad sends your CPU rocketing through the roof! Sylenth is particularly good in this regard only making a light dent.

That said, the support and updates from FXPansion is far better than Lennardigital. The last update for Sylenth, for example, was well over a year ago if I remember properly. Lennard himself seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet.

seventhirtyfour

Post by seventhirtyfour » Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks a ton for the replies and additional suggestions. I will definitely be getting into some demos.