Are there female posters on this forum?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Felonius

Are there female posters on this forum?

Post by Felonius » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:58 am

Re: Things you wish you had known earlier...

What the @#($))# are people doing posting close-ups of some busty gal's mammaries? Will we have any crotch shots of males? What has this to do with Ableton? Does it occur to you that female members of this forum may object to T&A photographs on a DAW forum?

pencilrocket

Re: Are there female posters on this forum?

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:07 am

Here all are gay. No one cares girls.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:52 am

Felonius wrote:
...Will we have any crotch shots of males?...
pencilrocket is right, this is the closest you'll get on this forum.

The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

synthcom

Post by synthcom » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:18 am

my wife sometimes says im a little diva, so maybe i am a female deep inside?

or maybe not....

Cej

Post by Cej » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:30 am

I'm a lesbian caught in a males body.... 8O

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 am

Felonius wrote:Re: Things you wish you had known earlier...

What the @#($))# are people doing posting close-ups of some busty gal's mammaries? Will we have any crotch shots of males? What has this to do with Ableton? Does it occur to you that female members of this forum may object to T&A photographs on a DAW forum?
Welcome to the Internet. Now man up and deal with it.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 am

Lounge is that way -> :roll:
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

dylandigits

Post by dylandigits » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:02 pm

It's been my experience as a woman that internet forums are ripe with objectification. Whatever. I gave up trying to change it a long time ago. I have the energy to discuss it in person, but once we're all faceless, online, it becomes an exhausting enterprise to find ways to convey just how shitty it is to be treated like you're invisible. To paraphrase Ta-Nahisi Coates, "I decline all opportunities to petition people for my humanity."

P.S. If pictures like those are posted in the music production forum, then don't object when the complaints are made in the same forum; it's only fair.

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Woman should simply stop complaining. They are just as guilty of highlighting their opposites attributes or shortfalls as a means of denigration whether physical or emotional. Its more socially acceptable for a woman to publicly humiliate her opposite than for a man. Lets not pretend its still balanced in the favor of men. :roll:
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 pm

What the @#($))# are people doing posting close-ups of some busty gal's mammaries?
it was in reference to the "less is more" advice... just a joke.

Will we have any crotch shots of males?
here you go: http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/bulge/Interesting

Felonius

Post by Felonius » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Of course, that other forum, Gearslutz, is a misogynistic gem of a name for a recording site. It sounds more like it would be a Hells Angels chopper repair forum.

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 pm

gjm wrote:Woman should simply stop complaining. They are just as guilty of highlighting their opposites attributes or shortfalls as a means of denigration whether physical or emotional. Its more socially acceptable for a woman to publicly humiliate her opposite than for a man. Lets not pretend its still balanced in the favor of men. :roll:

Women are routinely objectified, denied employment opportunities, placed in relationships where they provide support for men by doing the bulk of child care and housework and finally blamed for most things that go wrong in society that can't be laid on people with different skin colour or sexual preferences. I have never heard a man being told he looked too old or a man being criticised for parenting by someone outside the family. Women have plenty to complain about.

Saxer

Post by Saxer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 pm

there are no women in the internet... all of them are fakes!
exept the girl i'm chatting with at this moment...

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 pm

oddstep wrote:Women are routinely objectified, denied employment opportunities...
So are men.

oddstep wrote:placed in relationships where they provide support for men by doing the bulk of child care and housework
... of course you will always be able to point a culture you are not from to find such an example, but you will also find many examples where this is voluntary... even desirable.
oddstep wrote:and finally blamed for most things that go wrong in society that can't be laid on people with different skin colour or sexual preferences.

Lol... toooo much :roll:
oddstep wrote:I have never heard a man being told he looked too old or a man being criticised for parenting by someone outside the family.
Thats because women go about doing this sort of thing differently. Its more closed and among kindred spirits with more of an emphasis on the emotional.
oddstep wrote:Women have plenty to complain about.
And they do...
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Women do the bulk of the domestic work and childcare in the culture I am from. England. A music forum is a terrible place to discuss politics so I am leaving it there.