How to Prepare my project for a live performance with LIVE

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mjazzguitar

How to Prepare my project for a live performance with LIVE

Post by mjazzguitar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi everyone, please I need some help to prepare my project for a live performance.

My project : Live remixes interacting with live musicians (bass , sax , guitar).

How it must work : Samples from CDs looped on clips with effects , played at the same time with looped drums and other sounds. I change scenes like A or B parts . I can modify some of the music samples , or drums with effects racks on each channel. Musicians must improvise over it .

My equipment :

- Pc Core 2 Duo
- Maudio fast track
- controller BCF2000

About order and structure on Clips View : I prepared each song on a Live file. I would like to get everything on just One file. Is it better ?? How to do it ??.

How to organize de clips view in a better way ???, by tracks ?? : drums channel, bass channel, keybs channel ? . Considering that sometimes I use more than
a clip for drums : ex. bassdrum , hi hat , snare or 2 drums at the same time . Considering that I use different effects for drums.

Which is the better way to organize de FCB2000 controller (knobs , faders, buttons), considering the different effect distribution I use on every song.

How to prepare my clips and channels volume to keep db balance?: Every song at the same volume, avoid saturation , getting a good mix on stage even when I
change effect values.

Finally I would like to add effects for and instrument , like sax in live performance . Would be a good idea to sync with another laptop with live, to stay in time ???

Thanks for your time and support .