Help updating

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
1-up

Help updating

Post by 1-up » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:15 am

I just got a new macbook pro which I couldn't wait to have everything set up on. I downloaded ableton 8 again using the download disk that I purchased a couple of years ago (8.0.) After that I used my last authorization for my new computer and then headed over to soniccouture to get some new vst's. I saw there that you need the newer versions of ableton to work with, so I tried to DL the newest version, which I thought I would not have to reauthorize since its still ableton 8 and on this computer that is authorized, but apparently I was wrong. I'm assuming I am doing something wrong, because i don't think that ableton expect people to pay for simple updates to the version that they already own.

What am I doing wrong here? I would try to unauthorize the 8.0 to reauthorize the newest version, but I don't want to completely screw myself over by not ableton not letting me authorize either versions after that...

HELP PLEASE!!! :oops: