Quick jump to clip's automated envelopes

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
shadiradio

Quick jump to clip's automated envelopes

Post by shadiradio » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Is there a way to quickly jump (keyboard shortcut?) to specific automation envelopes of a selected clip? For example, I work with modulation (CC1) and hold (CC64) all the time, and it's kind of a nuisance to drill down to the different menus very frequently.

Basically I'd like to select a clip, then press a key command to jump to the envelope editor for CC64 (or any other envelope). Even the "Pitch Bend", "Volume", and "Pan" buttons that jump to those envelopes don't seem to be mappable. In fact it would be nice to replace those buttons (or add more of your own) for other quick access envelopes.

Maybe it's possible with Max for Live? Thanks!

shadiradio

Re: Quick jump to clip's automated envelopes

Post by shadiradio » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:21 pm

funken wrote:the quickest way I know is to right click a macro or parameter and select "show modulation"
Hmm, I do use that all the time, but I basically need to straight jump to a specific parameter. There's no quick way to go straight to editing the hold/sustain pedal envelope, or expression envelope, because they aren't visible anywhere else (aside from drilling down the little midi envelope menus). I think I'm not explaining it well. Basically, what's the fastest way to get here: