Different BPMs in Track Channels.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
birdhouse19

Different BPMs in Track Channels.

Post by birdhouse19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Hey everyone I tried searching for this question but couldn't find any results. Probably just because I'm wording it wrong, so excuse me if this has been asked too many times.

I want to record a prerecorded mixtape for an event. I use Ableton for production and I am aware of the global BPM. So once you throw a track in the project it pretty much is 128 if the global is 128. I want to make this intro using this old old track acapella that it is like 78 BPM. Is there a way to keep this track channel 78 BPM? Then of course I would add more personal transition effect samples to get to a normal BPM for me like 128 to 140? Then when I render the project it will keep it's appropriate BPM within those channels?

I was thinking if I bought the Quik Quak Pitch Wheel throw it onto the track channel. Automate the pitch it will stay at the correct bpm of the song within that channel... Would like to hear some thoughts if that made any sense..

I don't know if this is all possible but if not I'm just gonna hit the CD-Js and record the thing in real time, which I'm not really really wanting to do.

S4racen

Re: Different BPMs in Track Channels.

Post by S4racen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 pm

If your not mixing the acapella in then why not turn warping off for the clip so that it doesnt follow the global bpm?

Cheers
D

birdhouse19

Post by birdhouse19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Oh wow I did not know that. Turn off the warping I thought everything had some sort of warping in it? Where is that off switch I ask? So if you do not use the warping it will not follow the global bpm interesting. So when I render the project, if the acapella is not warped, it will stay 87bpm, correct?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Theres a warp button in the clip properties.... ;-)

Cheers
D