Push + ACP40 (or similar)

Discuss Push with other users.
Jordi Martinez

Push + ACP40 (or similar)

Post by Jordi Martinez » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi! all
Would like to use my new Push with my apc40. For now I can shoot clips on my apc disconnecting the "select clip at launch" option in the Live preferences.
But I can not use my apc to tweek sounds while "pushing" notes in other traks. (Arrgh)
Any idea?
would be nice if each controler keeps his own "selected trak".
Last edited by Jordi Martinez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dionysiac

Re: Push + ACP40 (or similar)

Post by Dionysiac » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Jordi Martinez wrote:Hi! all
Would like to use with my new Push with my apc40. For now I can shoot clips on my apc disconnecting the "select clip at launch" option in the Live preferences.
But I can not use my apc to tweek sounds while "pushing" notes in other traks. (Arrgh)
Any idea?
would be nice if each controler keeps his own "selected trak".
I have an SLMK II that maps to the current selected track. If you right click a device in the title bar you can then choose a surface to lock it to. Then when the track selection changes the surface keeps controlling that track. The SL has a button assigned for unlock. Don't know about the apc40

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:57 pm

If not, there is a beautiful APC script somewhere that has a lock button and step sequencer. ...but I'm feeling too lazy to find it right this second.

Jordi Martinez

Post by Jordi Martinez » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi, u all
Thank u2 very much for the tips. I'll try and keep u posted.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 am

Found it :) includes a manual. If you can get the files in the right place, you'll be good to go. One of the features is the Lock to device one:
http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/p/apc-64-40.html?m=1

Jordi Martinez

Post by Jordi Martinez » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:18 am

Well, almost good, is a great tip, sure I'll use, but not the behavior I want.
I think that could not been so hard to insert the id of the controller in the control message, like your tips demostrate.
The point is to be able to have a "focus track" for each controller, this would be a user "natural behavior". May I have to dive in python, but prefer to do so Ableton technicians, I bet is the best choice ;), at least the fastest.

Jordi Martinez

Post by Jordi Martinez » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:20 am

yur2die4 wrote:Found it :) includes a manual. If you can get the files in the right place, you'll be good to go. One of the features is the Lock to device one:
http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/p/apc-64-40.html?m=1
Thank u very much for your kind reply. I'll try. Keep you posted.

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:22 am

The APC_64_40 script rocks.

There is also an Options.txt that allows 2 APC-40's to be separated. I wonder if that would also separate Push from the APC, or if their is an equivalent Op.txt for the Push?

Jordi Martinez

Post by Jordi Martinez » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:16 am

yur2die4, the script is a wonder, but the behavior of the shift-Tap option is the same as commented Dionysiac = locking the controller to a device.
To give context to my (dreamed) setup I explain that this is a live performance combined with dj style handled tracks, which requires two controllers to work independently.
And there are many other situations where such behavior would be great.
Well, I know that I can syncronize two computers, but, call me picky, the solution in Live with only one computer seems to be at the fingertips.
Meanwhile, my ioDock can help in that environment, but, u know, phisical pots with dynamic targets are diferent league in live situations (without prejudice to the static touchable ones, of course).

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:23 am

Yeah. I understand your frustration.

The intent of the Lock Device, is so that one set of knobs stays on one device, while another set of knobs can jump around freely.

And at any moment you can unlock that set of knobs, then lock it to something new.

That script gives you two instances of lockable macro knobs (top ones can be locked too when in device control mode).

So, with Two sets on the APC, and one on the Push, you've got a lot of auto assignable knobs.

As a bonus, you can create a user remote script for User mode of the Push ! ..I don't know if I'm going to try that or not. Just thought I'd throw that out there. (But it'd be nice to map all the buttons in User Mode to various devices :D that you can quickly jump to!!)

Jordi Martinez

Post by Jordi Martinez » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:43 am

yur2die4, mapping user mode is just what I'm doing! jajaja. Nice shot.
Glad to meet you man.