How to launch a clip without selecting that track?

Discuss Push with other users.
Kvetch

How to launch a clip without selecting that track?

Post by Kvetch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Hey folks,

Been playing my Push lots over the weekend past and totally loving it. I have one major issue however. I previously used a pair of Electribes for my tunes until this came out so I was expecting Push to work somewhat similar for this.

I have a bunch of clips playing, and I want to slowly crank up and down some effect perimeters of my synth channel while launching clips in my drum channel.

I can select my synth channel and press the 'Device' button and tweak my effect perimeters until my heart is content. As soon as I start launching drum patterns though, my selection switches to the drum track and my effect tweaking knobs suddenly stop working. This is incredibly annoying. I basically want to sweep a synth channel effect up and down as I please while launching drum clips on my other track WITHOUT selecting the drum track and basically cutting off my knob tweaking.

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!

TYLRbass

Re: How to launch a clip without selecting that track?

Post by TYLRbass » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 pm

In the Preferences (I believe under Record/Warp/Launch) turn off "Select on Launch".

Kvetch

Re: How to launch a clip without selecting that track?

Post by Kvetch » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:05 am

Ahhh nice simple fix, thanks for the swift reply. I went through all my user settings on the Push but didnt think to check my preferences in Live itself, oops!

Ill try this when I get home and Im sure it will work as I need it :)