Push -> User Preferences missing Workflow setting

Discuss Push with other users.
shootdaj

Push -> User Preferences missing Workflow setting

Post by shootdaj » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:05 am

When I go into the User Preferences mode on Push (holding down the User button), it only shows me two options as show here http://imgur.com/TDy2UMn . So I cannot change the workflow setting. Furthermore, the Pad Sensitivity only goes from -1 to 4, but in the manual and the tutorials at http://www.ableton.com/learn-push , it says the sensitivity should go from -20 to 20 (or something close to that, but much larger than the range from -1 to 4). Anyone know why my Push has these limitations? Were these options only available in the Beta version or something? Thanks.

MisterBodega

Re: Push -> User Preferences missing Workflow setting

Post by MisterBodega » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:35 am

Are you using the demo version? I had this exact problem when I first got my Push, playing with the demo while Live 9 Suite downloaded. Once I installed the full version, the user button functioned as described in the manual.

shootdaj

Post by shootdaj » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 am

MisterBodega wrote:Are you using the demo version? I had this exact problem when I first got my Push, playing with the demo while Live 9 Suite downloaded. Once I installed the full version, the user button functioned as described in the manual.
No I never installed the demo version. Went straight with the Live 9 Suite. When I go to Help > About Live, it says the version is 9.0.1. Does that sound right?

badeshi

Post by badeshi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:20 am

it gets added in version 9.0.2

MisterBodega

Post by MisterBodega » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:26 am

badeshi wrote:it gets added in version 9.0.2
Oh, that makes sense. I reverted my demo to 9.0.1 last week because the 9.0.2 demo had a nasty bug that kept it from opening. So what fixed it wasn't the switch from demo to full, it was from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2. Download the most recent update and you should be good to go.

Dchild

Post by Dchild » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 am

Can someone please confirm that when (in Clip Workflow ) is activated only the currently selected clip will be duplicated.

I was playing around with this last night and regardless of the Workflow mode, all currently playing clips were duplicated.

In Clip Workflow:
•Duplicate creates a copy of the currently selected clip in a new scene, while continuing

Cheers

Fugazi81

Post by Fugazi81 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am

Dchild wrote: In Clip Workflow:
•Duplicate creates a copy of the currently selected clip in a new scene, while continuing
It works like mentioned.

If you use "Clip Workflow" duplicate creates a copy of all currently "playing" Clips to a new Scene.

Works for me, you have to check if the Clips "Play Button" is highlighted, if true that Clip and all ohther Clips with highlighted "Play Button" get copied to a new Scene if "duplicate" is pressed.

Check this > Learn Push

Learn Push 1-6

Have fun.