Will the real Warp please stand up

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
clydesdale

Will the real Warp please stand up

Post by clydesdale » Sun May 18, 2014 6:08 am

I have a set with several warped files which were touched up to make them perfect and I'd like to drag them into a new set. I notice that if I drag the .wav file from the Samples->Processed->Crop directory (where the original set says the .wav files are stored) it doesn't bring along the touched up warping but rather the default warping. Where is the real warp information stored? I was able to pull from the clips under the .als directory in the Live Browser which thankfully brought along the correct warp, but how about warp info from clips in Arrangement view? They seem to be completely inaccessible from a different set without having dragged them back into Session view.

Also, for any of you with lots of warped audio, how do you organized your library? I had originally thought that the .asd contained all the up to date info but my experience is telling me that the warping info is inside the .als file. I think I'd much rather browse a directory of samples than browse the track info under the .als.
LIVE 9.1.7 x64, PUSH w/PXT, APC40, KEYSTATION PRO88, Radium61
Win8.1 Pro, 4820k(4.5GHz)/32GB/840ProSSD/RME Babyface

JoshG567

Re: Will the real Warp please stand up

Post by JoshG567 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:26 am

I made a separate folder tree in my library to store individual .alc clip files foldered by artist. After I've applied my warping I just drag the clip over from session view and then do myself a solid by naming it with tempo and and key info plus the track title. I can use explorer outside Live to sort/filter clips for another perspective on the stuff I have to work with.

To answer the thread title: The real Warp lies in the clips, which OP has nested in their sets. Clip library is the way to go.

andydes

Post by andydes » Sun May 18, 2014 9:35 am

clydesdale wrote:Also, for any of you with lots of warped audio, how do you organized your library? I had originally thought that the .asd contained all the up to date info but my experience is telling me that the warping info is inside the .als file. I think I'd much rather browse a directory of samples than browse the track info under the .als.
Hit save in the sample properties box to update the default warp settings in the .asd file.

clydesdale

Post by clydesdale » Sun May 18, 2014 3:34 pm

That's what I overlooked, the damn sample Save button! I had wrongly figured the Collect and Save was the do all, end all step. I also hadn't thought to drag the clips the other direction-- from the set to the browser-- which of course brings the warp settings along with it. I'm trying to build a catalog of some kind since I've got these 70-100MB files and duplicates floating around all over the place. Now I just need a de-duplicate function and I'll be all happy. Thanks for the replies.
LIVE 9.1.7 x64, PUSH w/PXT, APC40, KEYSTATION PRO88, Radium61
Win8.1 Pro, 4820k(4.5GHz)/32GB/840ProSSD/RME Babyface