Midi out drop down missing from channels. Live 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fistikuffs

Midi out drop down missing from channels. Live 9

Post by fistikuffs » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:35 am

Hi all, I've a feeling that this is really dumb but for the life of me I cannot get the midi out drop down on any midi channels. My midi channels have "midi from" and "audio to" but no "midi to". I'm sure it's something stupid on my behalf.

I can work around this by using the external instrument but I'd love to know why I can't route midi from a midi channel the normal way.

Any help is appreciated.

chrk

Re: Midi out drop down missing from channels. Live 9

Post by chrk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:19 am

fistikuffs wrote: I'm sure it's something stupid on my behalf.
You weren't so stupid as to put an instrument/VSTi on the tracks, were you? :mrgreen: SCNR

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:29 am

chrk wrote:
fistikuffs wrote: I'm sure it's something stupid on my behalf.
You weren't so stupid as to put an instrument/VSTi on the tracks, were you? :mrgreen: SCNR
No, this happens with new midi/empty tracks

chrk

Post by chrk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:18 pm

The one above was the quickes I could think of without having Live in front of me.
fistikuffs wrote:No, this happens with new midi/empty tracks
Now I have, and it also happens, when you have an audio effect in the track's chain. -

Is there one on a newly created track? - Then go to your User Library in Places (Live 9), find Defaults/Creating Tracks/Midi Track and delete the "Default Midi Track.als" that's in there, and you're back to truly blank midi tracks next time.

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:32 pm

chrk wrote:The one above was the quickes I could think of without having Live in front of me.
fistikuffs wrote:No, this happens with new midi/empty tracks
Now I have, and it also happens, when you have an audio effect in the track's chain. -

Is there one on a newly created track? - Then go to your User Library in Places (Live 9), find Defaults/Creating Tracks/Midi Track and delete the "Default Midi Track.als" that's in there, and you're back to truly blank midi tracks next time.
Well that's a relief! It was me being stupid! I forgot I'd saved the default midi channel with VUMT! Removing that changes it back to midi out. Damn!

Cheers for help dude!