Enable/Disable clip envelopes

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
vanKloot

Enable/Disable clip envelopes

Post by vanKloot » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:38 pm

When working on say automating transposition of a clip for vocal pitch correction, it is often helpful to be able to quickly A/B between the original clip and the altered version. It would be great to have a simple ability to turn off the clip envelope for a click, and turn it back on again. Currently you would have to manually change the parameter in question (potentially messing with carefully chosen values) to disable the envelope, then use the Re-Enable Automation button to turn it back on.

Tikayer

Re: Enable/Disable clip envelopes

Post by Tikayer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:42 am

vanKloot wrote:When working on say automating transposition of a clip for vocal pitch correction, it is often helpful to be able to quickly A/B between the original clip and the altered version. It would be great to have a simple ability to turn off the clip envelope for a click, and turn it back on again. Currently you would have to manually change the parameter in question (potentially messing with carefully chosen values) to disable the envelope, then use the Re-Enable Automation button to turn it back on.
I`d like to be able to do this too. Turning envelopes off and on again, mapped to a midi command..

Almost two years further, does this feature exist now??

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:18 am

Tikayer wrote:
I`d like to be able to do this too. Turning envelopes off and on again, mapped to a midi command..

Almost two years further, does this feature exist now??
It should, but sadly it doesn't. The only workaround I've found is to use a multiple clip book application and cut and paste envelopes when needed to be taken out for a while.
Make some music!

weltering

Post by weltering » Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 am

+1

Yes . Please!