Hey, it's Summer of Sound over at NI...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sporkles

Hey, it's Summer of Sound over at NI...

Post by sporkles » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:59 pm

50% off upgrades; you know - the sale you've been waiting for:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... ound-2015/

Machinesworking

Re: Hey, it's Summer of Sound over at NI...

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Rough, NI's history is to release the next version a couple months later. We can expect Komplete 11 in Aug/Sept.
Though the 50% off price on upgrading to Ultimate is tempting for sure. :x

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:53 am

You get Komplete 10 for $199 since you own Maschine2 now as well. I'm sorely tempted myself...
Ableton Forum Administrator

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:09 am

[erm] wrote:You get Komplete 10 for $199 since you own Maschine2 now as well. I'm sorely tempted myself...
Oh man, you're killing me! 8O

I don't see any upgrade offer that drops it to $199???
I currently own Komplete 9, Rig Kontrol 3, and Maschine 2 Studio.
I freaking should qualify! Frequent flyer miles and such. :x

Caveat is it might be only when I get the latest upgraded Maschine Soundest.... which is an email waiting game at this point.

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:26 am

Log into your NI account and add the Komplete upgrade to your shopping basket, it should show you the discounted price.

(this is Tarekith btw, having issues logging out of my Ableton account. grrr).
Ableton Forum Administrator

mmorgan

Post by mmorgan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm

I popped for the upgrade on Monday ($199.5 @ Sweetwater). I've been waiting for the sale since Komplete 10 came out. Scheduled delivery is Monday. Looking forward to diddling with the new Synths!

FWIW: I got the email from NI on Monday. :o
Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
Intel i7-2600 @3.4GHz; 16G Ram; Win 10-64; Live 9.5
RME-Fireface UFX; Machine II; APC40; MPK25;
Guitars and Amps

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:34 pm

This is a yearly tradition for me now. I’ll already on ultimate so adding everything they’ve released in the previous year for $200 is a no brainer.

@MW

Check out some of the expansion packs for Maschine. There’s some quality in there, but go a bit back in the catalog. They’ve been getting a little too samey Hip Hop for the last couple releases. Good to have a couple of those, some nice lofi vinyl kits, but there is a lot of overlap. The DnB and Industrial(ish) packs are good. I think Arcane Attic is the industrial pack. I forget which is the DnB. I’ll have to check when I get home.

Be warned though, I think it’s a little under a year away at this point, but once a year you can get 7 (or possibly 9) expansion packs for the price of 2.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:25 pm

[erm] wrote:Log into your NI account and add the Komplete upgrade to your shopping basket, it should show you the discounted price.

Oh hey! cool that you can moderate a bit here I'm guessing! :)
OK I think you didn't catch that I was talking about Ultimate.
The only upgrade paths I see for Maschine are the crossgrades to Komplete 10 regular for $199.
Since I own Komplete 9 I could get 10 for $99.

Ultimate is $349 on their site, it's about $50 cheaper at JRR shop with their GROUP code.
My roommate has Damage, and it's kinda perfect for the kinds of drums I like sometimes.
That's the big selling point to Ultimate for me.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Wait a second... What exactly is the price for an apgrade from K2-9 standard to K10U supposed to be? I could have sworn it was below €400 last night, but now I'm getting 699???

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:04 pm

beats me wrote: Be warned though, I think it’s a little under a year away at this point, but once a year you can get 7 (or possibly 9) expansion packs for the price of 2.
Honestly a little under a year away sounds about the right amount of time for me to get have worn out using the percussion libraries I own. I might bite on one, but I think getting Ultimate with Damage and the Abby road drums will do for a while.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:05 pm

sporkles wrote:Wait a second... What exactly is the price for an apgrade from K2-9 standard to K10U supposed to be? I could have sworn it was below €400 last night, but now I'm getting 699???
odd, are you signed in? Sounds like you got signed out somehow.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Everybody just needs to get on KU current version with a quickness and it will make life a lot easier going forward.

You can thank me later, or go ahead and do it now if you’d like to get it out of the way. :)

Every time Live releases a new version what is the most talked about feature for months? “I don’t get my upgrade path.” :x

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:37 pm

beats me wrote:Everybody just needs to get on KU current version with a quickness and it will make life a lot easier going forward.

You can thank me later, or go ahead and do it now if you’d like to get it out of the way. :)

Every time Live releases a new version what is the most talked about feature for months? “I don’t get my upgrade path.” :x

Which features do you use the most with K10U?

I already had Abbey Road 70s drums and I use that often enough to sample back what I'm playing into hardware. Kontakt 4 was something where I replayed samples and loops to sample back and use on a track.

Now that I have a linnstrument I think I will have more fun playing all the synths and multi instrumwent libraries. For a drumpad controller the linnstrument is good. It does get to velocities pretty easily so the finger drumming actually has to be lighter than maschine or an mpc.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
[erm] wrote:Log into your NI account and add the Komplete upgrade to your shopping basket, it should show you the discounted price.

Oh hey! cool that you can moderate a bit here I'm guessing! :)
OK I think you didn't catch that I was talking about Ultimate.
The only upgrade paths I see for Maschine are the crossgrades to Komplete 10 regular for $199.
Since I own Komplete 9 I could get 10 for $99.

Ultimate is $349 on their site, it's about $50 cheaper at JRR shop with their GROUP code.
My roommate has Damage, and it's kinda perfect for the kinds of drums I like sometimes.
That's the big selling point to Ultimate for me.

I just forgot about shopping first through JRR and I just preordered my prophet 6 with them. Mine K10U is coming from guitar center. I could of saved a little more shopping with JRR :(
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
sporkles wrote:Wait a second... What exactly is the price for an apgrade from K2-9 standard to K10U supposed to be? I could have sworn it was below €400 last night, but now I'm getting 699???
odd, are you signed in? Sounds like you got signed out somehow.
Closed the browser and logged back in; worked now.