Scrubber M4L device now publicly available.

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
dataf1ow

Scrubber M4L device now publicly available.

Post by dataf1ow » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:39 pm

Check out a quick demo vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIB4cKB ... e=youtu.be

Grab the device:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... b-scrubber

Leverages the new API calls we got in 9.2.
Launchpad and Push compatible right out the box.
Check it out if you're so inclined. Would love any feedback you might have :)

Airyck

Re: Scrubber M4L device now publicly available.

Post by Airyck » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Awesome device :) Hope I get some time to mess with it soon. Thanks for sharing!
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

dataf1ow

Post by dataf1ow » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Let me know what you think!

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:37 pm

I want to make this device work with my blingy new launchpad pro. So far I've got it to send the live object id for the control surface to a copy of the launchpad handling patch that I've called LaunchpadPro Handling. In theory, the patch is so modular that if I get the handler to work then everything else can stay the same.
The obvious problem is that I don't know what controls/components to observe or address via Live.object. How would I work this out, its not really a RTFM scenario.... I don't know where to start or what to read up on

dataf1ow

Post by dataf1ow » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:39 pm

i haven't taken a look at the Launchpad Pro script to see what will have to change. It probably won't take long to add support for it, but if you're not comfortable navigating the API it might be a bit overwhelming. It's likely that the script is arranged in a slightly different way, so it's likely not as simple as sending the control surface ID into a copy of the patch.

I won't be back at my studio until next week, but I will add this to the top of the feature list.

dataf1ow

Post by dataf1ow » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:49 pm

oddstep wrote:I want to make this device work with my blingy new launchpad pro. So far I've got it to send the live object id for the control surface to a copy of the launchpad handling patch that I've called LaunchpadPro Handling. In theory, the patch is so modular that if I get the handler to work then everything else can stay the same.
The obvious problem is that I don't know what controls/components to observe or address via Live.object. How would I work this out, its not really a RTFM scenario.... I don't know where to start or what to read up on
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=216776

You can now use it with your blingy new Launchpad Pro !