launchpadpro nanokontrol2 knobs controlling selected devices

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Dinodelishers

launchpadpro nanokontrol2 knobs controlling selected devices

Post by Dinodelishers » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:53 am

Hey guys, first post here, though i've been reading these forums for quite a while (thanks for all the help, already!), this is my first post.
I've recently been performing live sets with a mpd26, simple race car foot pedal, a usb calculator and a guitar(oh, and abletoWn's looper). It was fun, but a bit limiting.
So I bought a launchpad pro(it's wicked fun) and I'm moving my set over the the clip based approach, rather than the looper.
Anyways, my friend gave me his nanokontrol2 that he never uses and i'd like to use it for sliders on tracks(easy part) and the knobs to control the macros within a selected device(macros in an instrument rack). On the launchpad when i record arm a track and go to devices, the mode allows me to change those macros. if i switch to another track, i am now controlling those. Live doesn't have a script for nanokontrol2 and in the manual they suggest the mackie control script, but it doesn't do what i want... the knobs pan... which is useless for me.
My idea is i will put some synths on tracks inside instruments racks and macro some fun params. When i switch between diff tracks(diff synths) with record arm on the launchpad pro, those macros can be controlled- so i have some knobs to play with while i play a melody and tweak the sound.
On my mpd26, there is a default script that has this and my workflow has been pretty dependent on my few knobs controlling diff things when i use diff instruments.
So, any ideas on how to make the knobs on my nanokontrol2 work like this without being able to write a script?

yur2die4

Re: launchpadpro nanokontrol2 knobs controlling selected devices

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:35 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193316&hilit=Nanokontrol2
(The 'CTRL' mode might be the one you're looking for)

prossi78

Re: launchpadpro nanokontrol2 knobs controlling selected devices

Post by prossi78 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:20 pm

This is a solid script.