Max for Live BeatSeeker

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
PEAVLEY

Max for Live BeatSeeker

Post by PEAVLEY » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Is anyone using Max for Live BeatSeeker in Ableton live 9? I would love to be able to drive my guitar into Beatseaker,and at last control the BPM rhythm myself.

RadioOnMars

Re: Max for Live BeatSeeker

Post by RadioOnMars » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm not sure how well it would work. It's really designed for a rhythmic signal - drums, drum machines, full mixes - guitar can be syncopated, pushing and pulling ahead of the beat. It would be useful to listen to guitar and then give you a starting BPM, but I'm not sure having started, how much you'd want drums to listen to the guitar. In bands, the drummer and bassist tend to become the driving force, with guitar free to move over the top. You could try it though - it will respond to the signal to a degree.

PEAVLEY

Re: Max for Live BeatSeeker

Post by PEAVLEY » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:45 pm

RadioOnMars wrote:I'm not sure how well it would work. It's really designed for a rhythmic signal - drums, drum machines, full mixes - guitar can be syncopated, pushing and pulling ahead of the beat. It would be useful to listen to guitar and then give you a starting BPM, but I'm not sure having started, how much you'd want drums to listen to the guitar. In bands, the drummer and bassist tend to become the driving force, with guitar free to move over the top. You could try it though - it will respond to the signal to a degree.
Thanks RadioOnMars for the answer :) I use a virtual drummer called Jamstix 3 ,and that reads the guitar signal,so I can play,and the drums act accordingly,but it's stuck to Ableton Live's BPM.I kmow I can draw a tempo line.But that's after the playing which takes the Jamstix audio jam mode setting out of the equation.I was thinking more the rhythmic side of playing guitar,or as;of course like you said.The bass.I have 2 anyway.So no problem.It's just that I love changing rhythmic speed a lot on guitar,and hopefully for my purposes here.The drums will go with me if I use beatseeker.Well.At £17 squid it's worth a pop.After all.It is ******mas :)