Best Mixer for live output

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pkuk

Best Mixer for live output

Post by pkuk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:13 pm

I use Ableton in a live band setting and I need to push these backing tracks out with the best possible quality....
What should i do for the best output? I was using a Mackie USB mixer but it is always buzzing and the sound is always seeming to change....

Is there a better solution i.e (a better mixer) or am I barking up the wrong tree?

thanks

scheffkoch

Re: Best Mixer for live output

Post by scheffkoch » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:52 pm

...get the best audio interface you can afford...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

pkuk

Post by pkuk » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:04 am

Even for a live situation?...I have an apollo twin but is there nothing more sturdy and portable?
I use the twin for recording.....
I was hoping there was a better solution for output, is there really nothing other than the same interface you use to record?

W

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:45 am

...the better the a/d conversion the better the sound...a usb mixer is an all-in-one solution but won't provide the best sound quality...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

udolinsky

Post by udolinsky » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:01 pm

pkuk wrote:Even for a live situation?...I have an apollo twin but is there nothing more sturdy and portable?
I use the twin for recording.....
I was hoping there was a better solution for output, is there really nothing other than the same interface you use to record?

W
Portable with high quality: RME Babyface, Motu Track16, …, etc … and you can add additional 8 outputs via ADAT to them …

Or take a closer look to the k-mix … digital mixer inkl. audio interface with 8 in and outs … super portable, high quality:
https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/k-mix/

L.roachy

Post by L.roachy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:34 pm

pkuk wrote:I use Ableton in a live band setting and I need to push these backing tracks out with the best possible quality....
What should i do for the best output? I was using a Mackie USB mixer but it is always buzzing and the sound is always seeming to change....

Is there a better solution i.e (a better mixer) or am I barking up the wrong tree?

thanks

Aloha, in order to answer your questions I'd like a little more information first.

You mentioned backing tracks from live, is this being sent as a stereo mix into the mackie?

Are you using multiple outputs for click track to feed into other bandmate's IEM's?

How is the audio from stage reaching the Front of House mixer?

Do you have a ground lift for the mackie?