Using Mulitple drum kits with push in 64 pad mode

Discuss Push with other users.
AlmostHypnotic

Using Mulitple drum kits with push in 64 pad mode

Post by AlmostHypnotic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:07 pm

So i got a push to use it as a giant beat pad for drum kits (and more when i learn more about it). I am trying to figure out how to make a drum rack with multiple different kits from abletons library. The only work aroud I've been able to find was to drag 128 samples to each pad i wanted but it got unorganized quickly and was unlike abletons drums where you always know where general drum sample types will be. When I want to drag a new kit into a blank part of the instrument rack that already contains the other kit it changes the entire rack, deleting the previous 16 pads i had for the other drum kit i had selected, and putting the new 16 in its place. I hope this makes sense, I just want to jam out with multiple drum kits from abletons library without having to switch channels and only be able to play 16 pads at a time (because that is all each kit comes with) Any help would be appreciated

Stromkraft

Re: Using Mulitple drum kits with push in 64 pad mode

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:53 am

AlmostHypnotic wrote:only be able to play 16 pads at a time (because that is all each kit comes with)
On the 64pad layout? You won't get any organization unless you take control yourself. Like if you want all kicks next to each other or whatever. You build your superkits or use the 64-pad ones you can download.
The other pads will remain if you put the copied ones in an adjoining 16 pad area by sliding the pad view, either from the Push or in the GUI. They all represent different notes so this will map out to the 64-pad layout as well.

Personally, if I want to evaluate multiple kicks I group them and make a master pad layout to play from and mute all grouped racks, but the one I want to use currently, with a control knob mapped to the rack chain mixer.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 am

you could create an instrument rack with four chains (one for each kit) and add a pitch midi effect with -16/-32/-48 to get a playable 64 pad layout. you will only get the first 16 pads highlighted on push though.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

AlmostHypnotic

Post by AlmostHypnotic » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:18 pm

Thank you so much for the help guys! I decided I'll just have to make my own kits and keep it organized. I have each 16 pad section color coded so i know which kit im using.

blof_eld

Post by blof_eld » Fri May 18, 2018 12:01 am

Is there a way to copy/paste 16 drum pads at once? I couldn't do it.

AlmostHypnotic

Post by AlmostHypnotic » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:50 pm

I couldn't find a way to copy 16 pads to the drum rack without it erasing the other ones i pasted

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 pm

I just drag them from another track to where I want them.
Make some music!