ANybody in Melbourne Australia?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SongCarver

ANybody in Melbourne Australia?

Post by SongCarver » Sat Feb 16, 2002 3:16 am

Hey Panic,

you're from Melbourne aren't you??

I want to meet other LIVE people.

panic

Post by panic » Sat Feb 16, 2002 4:43 am

Yeah, I'm from Melbourne. I'm not a live person yet, I only found out about this Program a couple of days ago, but I'm pretty keen on getting a copy.
So what kind of laptop, are you running?, what sort of music are you into? Did you go to Pantytec's live show last week?, I'm pretty sure they were using Ableton.
I've just started trying to get some gigs as a live act, using two laptops, Reaktor, and Fruity3. But I think in general the scene isn't that accepting of the laptop live act.
Seeya.

wisemonkey

Post by wisemonkey » Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:36 pm

Hello Mr Panic and Mr Songcarver, here's another fellow Melburnian. I'm playing keyboards regularly at the moment at the Espy, but I'm waiting on my new powerbook to get started on my solo live "live" stuff. Played in a band called Mobius for the last 6 years, and now going solo (under the name A.D.A.M.) The new show's a combination of live, keyboards and vocals. I'd love to know what you guys are doing with live.

Nice to know I'm not completely alone here...

;)
WiseMonkey
ooo oo ooo

SongCarver

My new LIVE family!!

Post by SongCarver » Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:17 pm

Hello wisemonkey!

I am planning to do the same as your A.D.A.M. project -except not 'solo'. I never figured I'd have that much "competition". :-D

I will also be using LIVE to Dj in clubs etc.
Eventually I want to have the skills (and tools) to improvise with jazz musicians, and to that standard.

I'm waiting on my new powerbook too- same shipping problems that you have no doubt.

We have a little clan happening here eh?

I'd love to hook up and do something when we all have our instruments. Compare what we do, play, share info and tips...

Send me an email if interested:

info@songcarver.com
:D

panic

Post by panic » Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:52 am

So, what kind of music do you guys make?, also how much are you guys paying for new powerbooks?, I want one, but they're a bit expensive, I might get a second hand one.

SongCarver

re

Post by SongCarver » Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:04 pm

As a songwriter I need to be diverse, therefore I make almost all kinds. My specialties are electronic, western art(classical/ avante-gard).

Powerbook was a bit over 5k for the 550 model.