Komplete Kontrol VST getting scanned, but will not load

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
habi70

Komplete Kontrol VST getting scanned, but will not load

Post by habi70 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:04 am

I recently bought ableton Live. I am a user of NI Komplete 12. I have an M32 Controller. All Plugins and the hardware work fine in Ableton and my other DAW, Reaper. Only Komplete Kontrol does not show up in Ableton. After weeks of communicating with the support of NI and trying everything from multiple rescans to copying the vst to a custom folder, reinstalling, clearing the KK database and I don't know how many instructions from forums I am at a loss.

KK ist the ONLY vst from NI that does not show up. Path is correct, the plugin is there, it shows up when I rescan plugins in live (left bottom corner or the start screen) but it will not show up as vst. Latest version installed.

Does anyone here have a similar problem or suggestions? And yes, I set the plugin path correctly in live.

Thanks in advance!

mothergarage

Re: Komplete Kontrol VST getting scanned, but will not load

Post by mothergarage » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:44 am

Did you start the stand alone version ? Did it work?
I had that problem once with Maschine. Turned out it took a long time for maschine to scan the VST folder and I constantly aborted Maschine because I grew impatient, so it never finished the scan and started it again every time I loaded the VST.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

habi70

Post by habi70 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I did that multiple times. It is such a strange problem. One thing I found is that Ableton cannot access the Library Folder of my User (OSX Catalina, I forgot to mention) All Vsts are loaded from the global Library Plugins Folder.

BAMBEROO

Post by BAMBEROO » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:49 pm

hallelujah- Ive had the same problem on Win 10 for a year ( sorry to disappoint you ) 3 times Ive had remote access from NI and mentioned to Ableton support and forum but still can not access Komplete Kontrol in ableton -NI only responded that I needed to reinstall windows and start with a fresh PC - not really an option is it, after all Ive purchased from them on the understanding it would work. Do post any update to your situation

habi70

Post by habi70 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:24 pm

Bamberoo, I will. I am still in contact with NI Support. This is a really weird issue.

habi70

Post by habi70 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:55 am

While I still cannot load the vst, since the latest 2.5.1 update KK is showing as AU Plugin on Mac. So for me this is solved.