Live 10 Sets Crashing Live 11

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
toffer

Live 10 Sets Crashing Live 11

Post by toffer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:16 pm

Having a problem with opening sets created in various iterations of Live 10 on 11.0. Any attempt to do so result in the program crashing. A quick check says they open fine in Live 10.1.30.
Most of these sets are stripped down songs I sketched out with little more than a guide vocal, a couple of synth tracks, and basic rhythms. It's not like they're huge sessions -- ten or twelve tracks.
Thinking about it, there is a chance some of these have instances of Massive / Kontakt on them - did I read something about an issue NI are working on? Anyone else having an issue opening old sets?

jestermgee

Re: Live 10 Sets Crashing Live 11

Post by jestermgee » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:10 pm

Well first thing, take the guess work out the equation and actually note down the plugins you have if it opens in L10.

If you are a Mac user then possibly there are issues with massive (always issues with something on Mac these days) so you could try make a test and remove massive, save it and see if it loads.... keep removing tracks until it opens and that would tell you the answer.

Bundle up the crash log and contact Ableton for more advice, probably state what system you use tho because it’s hard when you don’t bother.

toffer

Post by toffer » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Granted, I could have provided a little more information about my system - this had occurred to me after the fact, when I was away from the computer - but there’s no need to get your back up about it. Your tone is far too patronising.

Ultimately, I was looking to see if this has been a common issue amongst users, and whether there was a known workaround, or “quick fix”. I’m not Beta testing the program, or looking to spend a great deal of time working on a solution. Time is in short supply, and I’d rather make music than get too bogged down in issues. I can revert to Live 10 for older sets in the meantime.

Now, had someone kindly suggested opening an older project, removing any instances of NI plugins, and trying to open the project again in Live 11, I would happily oblige taking five minutes of my time to do so. I am willing to participate in the community, I don’t expect to just take, and never offer anything back.

Still, thanks for taking the time to respond, I guess. I’m not quite sure your intention, but so it goes. :roll:

For the record: Mac mini 2018, i7, 16gb RAM, Catalina.
The first Live 10 project I opened, did so successfully, but crashed the program when attempting to close it. It has no instances of Massive (or any other NI plugs), just Simpler, Operator, and audio files. However, it will no longer open, like the rest of my Live 10 sets. I should also add that I have a couple of instances of NI’s Transient Shaper in a new Live 11 project, which has caused me no issues thus far.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:59 pm

It is almost impossible to solve a problem without knowing what system it is about..... Nothing wrong with asking what system you have got!!!

Jester's intension are always good, so give him a big head's up for this!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:51 pm

No quick fixes in life mate, sometimes it takes a bit of work. But I’m outa ideas and also, I have other things to do myself too so good luck.