Confusion about the Collision chapter of the Live 11 Manual

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
roonleng

Confusion about the Collision chapter of the Live 11 Manual

Post by roonleng » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Hi! I've been reading the ableton manual front to back in anticipation of getting a Push 2 for Christmas (not super-related but I thought it'd be a fun challenge). I stumbled upon a section that I can't really understand. In the Collision chapter (p. 502) it says

"Volume controls the overall output level of the Noise section, and can be modulated by pitch
and velocity by adjusting the K (Key) and V (Velocity) sliders below the knob, respectively.

To the right are the filter controls. The type chooser allows you to choose between low-pass,
high-pass, and two types of band-pass filters. Filter cutoff and resonance can be adjusted by the
sliders above the filter display, or by dragging within the display itself. In BP mode, the second
slider adjusts resonance, while in LP+HP mode, it adjusts bandwidth. The filter frequency can
also be modulated by note pitch, velocity or the envelope generator, via the K, V and E sliders
below the display"

I thought I had found the K V sliders in the MIDI tab, but there is no slider for E there, so perhaps I didn't find any of them. Does anyone know where these controls are?

Thanks, happy holidays :)

P.S: Here's a picture of the display, from the manual
https://imgur.com/a/23Hwqv8

Edit: I also can't find this tab;
"The “link“ tab between the Resonator tabs allows you to adjust parameters for both resonators
simultaneously."

lincolnkid

Re: Confusion about the Collision chapter of the Live 11 Manual

Post by lincolnkid » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:55 pm

-
Last edited by lincolnkid on Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rivanni

Re: Confusion about the Collision chapter of the Live 11 Manual

Post by Rivanni » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:32 am

The manual is referring to the Live 10 version of Collision with the old interface.

You can find the settings for K and V in the MIDI tab as the Key and Vel columns.
You can find E as the 'Env Amt' button in the Noise section.
Link is gone.