Is it possible to create a scene by copy/paste a few bars from arrangement to session view?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Digital Larry

Is it possible to create a scene by copy/paste a few bars from arrangement to session view?

Post by Digital Larry » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:09 am

Sometimes I work directly in Arrangement view if I have a good idea of the structure of a song.
Session view is better for me when I'm just getting ideas together.

In this case, I recorded everything in Arrengement view. Now I'm trying to piece in a played bass line. The way I normally do this (in Session view) is just to record way more than I need while the other parts loop, and then trim it down. Takes me a few times through to get in the groove and find the right part and pocket etc. So punching in is difficult, and as I am only running Ableton 10 I don't have the "take lanes" feature in 11.

I tried highlighting 8 bars in Arrangement, then pasting those into a scene. It looked like it worked (something did get pasted in), but the sections did not loop on that boundary. Some of the tracks looped and some stopped. I'm not exactly sure WHAT happened but it wasn't what I was after.

Yeah I think I could do it track by track, I'm just wondering if there's an easier way to make a scene out of some bars copied from Arrangement view?

TIA,

DL
Last edited by Digital Larry on Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Da hand

Re: Is it possible to create a scene by copy/paste a few bars from arrangement to session view?

Post by Da hand » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:41 am

- Highlight/Select the length you need in Arrangement - example 8 bars
- Right click on highlighted selection >> Consolidate Time to New Scene

Digital Larry

Re: Is it possible to create a scene by copy/paste a few bars from arrangement to session view?

Post by Digital Larry » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:45 am

Da hand wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:41 am
- Highlight/Select the length you need in Arrangement - example 8 bars
- Right click on highlighted selection >> Consolidate Time to New Scene
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Happy New Year!

DL

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:37 pm

You are very welcome! Glad to help and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too! :)