How do I get access to Hybrid again?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Victor444

How do I get access to Hybrid again?

Post by Victor444 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:18 am

I bought an AKAI MPK Mini last fall and got access to a 90 day trial of Ableton and also a couple plug-ins, Hybrid beeing one of them. As the 90 day trial expired in january, I got Ableton Lite, Hybrid were still acessable.

Now I've re-installed my computer and planning to buy the standard version of Ableton. However as my computer is re-installed, everything is gone. If I buy Standard, how do I install my version of Hybrid again? I have a licence key through iLok so I deffo have access to plug-in still, but I don't really know how to install it again and retain the license?

Mark Williams

Re: How do I get access to Hybrid again?

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 am

Try the plugin developer of Hybrid or wherever you bought it - presuming its the Air plugin Hybrid 3? If so try here
https://help.pluginboutique.com/hc/en-u ... 2068604180
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:49 pm

And if that doesn't work, check your Akai account. I visited mine last week after many years and saw Hybridvstill listed.

Terrorbeat

Post by Terrorbeat » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:47 am

It depends on how many licenses Akai gave you. I cant remember if its one or two as I have all of those too they came with my MPC, but you might only get one license for it (some of the Sonnox libs that come with the MPC only give you 1 license). It's possible you may have lost it because you need to deactivate it before you move it or do anything like reinstalling the system.

If thats the case, you need to submit a request to release it in the iLok app. It may take awhile (AKAI support has pretty much dropped off the face of the earth after COVID started) but they are the only ones that can release those and authorize them going back to your account. I had to do it a couple weeks ago with an Eventide plugin that still had a license stuck on my old Mac Pro. That was Eventide though, submitted it on a Friday and had my license back Monday morning. Akai as I mentioned has been a ghost town for support the last 2 years or so. You might be able to email them directly and get a new one but that could take awhile too. A year or so back they had a serious issue with new users registering their MPCs and the iLok codes the website was handing out were already used so Akai was giving new ones out via email left and right.

Now if you DID get the license back before hand, you should just need to reinstall the plugin. As long as the iLok is activated on that computer, it will do all the work in the background. Just install the plugin and it should work.