Midi Remote Scripts - Need help getting them to run at all (Aki Midix/Launchcontrol XL etc.)

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
fnord-23

Midi Remote Scripts - Need help getting them to run at all (Aki Midix/Launchcontrol XL etc.)

Post by fnord-23 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:04 pm

Hello there,

so far I couldn't find anything online, most results when looking for the midi remote scripts are 10 years old even.

I want to modify the script for the AKAI Midimix - I got the famous de-compiled scripts here: https://github.com/gluon/AbletonLive11_ ... oteScripts

BUT with the script for the MidiMix I get this error from ableton's Compiler:

Code: Select all

RemoteScriptError: module() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)
Same error message for the Launchcontrol XL script. I figured that maybe there's just some syntax errors with the decompiling. But unfortunately my
python knowledge is not yet big enough to fix it myself. It's a strange error message because there literally is no "module" in the python sources.

If anybody has experience with creating custom scripts I would appreciate a little help here. I just want to modify the script slightly. I have experience with M4L and the LOM but not so much experience with python yet. I'm on the latest stable Ableton Live release.

(Also I can start with the Launchcontrol XL, I also have that controller, but it's giving the same error message)