Assign MIDI notes or presets to Macro (ClyphX / other solutions)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chrisfreeq

Assign MIDI notes or presets to Macro (ClyphX / other solutions)

Post by chrisfreeq » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:33 am

Hi,

I'm starting to learn / try out ClyphX Pro, and I haven't found out if it's possible to send MIDI notes from a Rack Macro?

The case:
I have a Camelspace VST inserted on my group track.
The Camelspace can change patterns on the trancegate via MIDI notes, similar to e.g. drum machines like Microtonic.
Instead of changing patterns from a MIDI keyboard, I would like to assign a Macro to send the notes and change the patterns.

Is this possible?If I have to do this via a seperate MIDI track to send data to the plugin, that's not important, as long as it can be assigned back to the macro on the group track.

Alternatively, I'd be happy with assigning a macro to scroll through the plugin presets, and then just creating presets for each of my patterns.

Cheers,
Chris // Soulexpander

S4racen

Re: Assign MIDI notes or presets to Macro (ClyphX / other solutions)

Post by S4racen » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:38 am

Not heard of a macro being able to send MIDI notes, but you could ask in the ClyphX Pro user Group on Facebook to see if anyone has any ideas?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/clyphx.pro

It's for owners only so you'll need to add your order number when applying to join the group.

Cheers
D

chrisfreeq

Re: Assign MIDI notes or presets to Macro (ClyphX / other solutions)

Post by chrisfreeq » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:19 pm

S4racen wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:38 am
Not heard of a macro being able to send MIDI notes, but you could ask in the ClyphX Pro user Group on Facebook to see if anyone has any ideas?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/clyphx.pro

It's for owners only so you'll need to add your order number when applying to join the group.

Cheers
D
I've been added to the group now, will ask there.
Thanks for the info!

Cheers,
Chris