Track Delay in Arrangement View - Live 12

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SpecialKairns

Track Delay in Arrangement View - Live 12

Post by SpecialKairns » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:57 pm

As you may be aware, Live 12 added a feature which makes the full mixer from session view available in arrangement view. As a result of this, the track delay function in arrangement seems to have been removed from the side of each track and now requires the new arrangement mixer to be opened in order to adjust a track delay (by switching on the 'track options' from the tab on the bottom right).

I have no plans to use the new mixer in arrangement view as I find it clunky and not suited to my workflow. I was wondering if there was any way to revert this feature to how it was in pervious version of Live? It's making me really apprehensive to upgrade as this new method seems really counterintuitive and as far as I have researched there is no way to view the track delay in arrangement without having this giant clunky mixer pop up.

Thanks in advance!

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Track Delay in Arrangement View - Live 12

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:03 pm

It's still accessible from
View > Arrangement Track Controls > Track Options.

But most agreed on Centercode that this is a PITA to show/hide and there are discussions and SUGG about this. Please talk about it other there, it's more impactful.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Irrlicht

Re: Track Delay in Arrangement View - Live 12

Post by Irrlicht » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:35 am

Just ran into the same issue! Thanks [jur] for "solving" the issue!

I do not understand why they removed the little "d" button. This makes no sense whatsoever.

They add the filter option on the left that takes away so much space - even when "minimized" but they remove a button that took away almost no space?

Not a happy camper right about now.