Get rid of old unused files, collect all and save problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ratox

Get rid of old unused files, collect all and save problem

Post by ratox » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:38 pm

Same problem on Live 11 and 12... found people with same problem on the forum but no clear solution.
- Let's say I have a live set with live input and clip I prepared in session view for live triggering.
- I do the concert and record the performance.
- I will then have in the same project the original clip and the live recordings.
- After some mixing and tweaking I want to save a new performance set with NO recorded clip of the past concert.
It would make sense to delete the arrangement and save a new set, then do "collect all and save". but it does NOT work.
I still get references to OLD recorded clips that are re-imported in new project and makes the new project wasting space.
If I delete them by hand I get "missing files" even if the arrangement is completely blank
If I go on File Management the files don't appear in the "unused" list even if they are no more in the arrangement and have NEVER been in the session view.
Hope to be clear, do you have an idea if it's a bug of a workflow problem?
Thanks, Alessandro

TMPLT

Re: Get rid of old unused files, collect all and save problem

Post by TMPLT » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:27 pm

Hey,

I am not sure if I got it 100% but I would highlight the Track I want to export, then choose Export marked track in the Export section. Then you can open a new Project with the exported single track and you can save it.