Copy and Pasting effects and some other good ideas

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Tommy D

Copy and Pasting effects and some other good ideas

Post by Tommy D » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:35 am

This would be quite useful if you would like to replicate effects with existing settings to other tracks, for instance, copying an EQ device to another track. Please add this, it would make my life even better. Thanks.

And while you're at it, why not add a way to copy and paste tracks w/ all clips and effects.

And, finally, make it possible to cut just the part of a clip between the loop points and create a new clip using ONLY this material.

LIVE Rules! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ajkandy

Like Photoshop layer effects...

Post by ajkandy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:27 pm

I like this idea, Ableton could make it like Adobe's implementation of drag-and-drop in the Layers palette of Photoshop - just drag the effects 'layer' with all its settings over another track to copy them over. This could be visible in the track settings as a small 'efx prefs' icon.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:55 pm

Dudes, you CAN drag and drop effects. Just grab the bar at the top of the Effect window (where its title is) and drag to the Track Name slot you want it to go to. By this I mean the name field for the channel at the top of the clip slots.

Drag moves the effect from one channel to another with the settings intact.
Option-drag (on Mac OS) COPIES the effect with the settings.

hope this helps
paddy
MBP M1Max | Sonoma 14.5 | Live 12.0.1 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3T | A clump of controllers
Soundcloud
Ableton Certified Trainer

Lucid

Post by Lucid » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:40 pm

Right on! Yea, I knew you could drag and drop, but I didn't know you could copy... I tried in Windows, drag an effect and hit ctrl and, voila, copied effect with all settings. Maybe I should've cracked the manual. Duh. Thanks