OT... Saddam is executed. Right thing to do?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
continuous

OT... Saddam is executed. Right thing to do?

Post by continuous » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:46 am

So was it the right thing to do or not?

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:58 am

No it wasn't the right thing to do.

A lot of people needed there day with him just like the kurds in the one of many crimes. Including his "connection" with Al Qaeda and our 911 that needed to see the light of day. His living for a little while longer so others can make peace was more important than his death. Cheated again we were.

Wrong wrong wrong.

djjessesaldana

Post by djjessesaldana » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:12 am

truly barbaric

continuous

Post by continuous » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:54 am

I agree... something about it doesn't seem wise at all.

D K

Post by D K » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:59 am

he was a killer, and killing is wrong,
so we killed him. because killing is wrong.
:?

GaryTracks

Post by GaryTracks » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:11 am

it's so 1950"s...

forge

Post by forge » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:13 am

well It seems a bit like the people executing are no better really

but we already knew that

are they trying to set an example?? if so what?

in fact the Bush administration could safely be said to have caused more deaths than saddam ever did and they'll never be executed for that - not by anyone

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:16 am

of course it was the right thing to do, are you kidding?

What is the deal with these "poor saddam" people? Other than the people that were in his "circle" , who benifitted from his exsistence? And he even had them executed!

My personal feelings are actually that he should still be in power.....after all....being a fucking peice of shit is "en-vogue" these days. Don't punish people, give them a hug. Certainly that will fix it.

btw, who on these boards lives in Iraq?

forge

Post by forge » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:23 am

it's not really poor saddam, it's more about how can you expect any kind of moral high ground if you're no better than the one on trial

really what's disgusting about about this is the fact they are even attempting to make this a human rights issue when there are such abominable things going on in Africa which they are not interested in because there's no oil

Saddam is a scapegoat and whether he was bad or not the whole thing of invading and practically destroying the fabric of Iraqi culture was every bit as bad as anything saddam did

at least he kept the peace, I couldnt think of many places worse to live than Baghdad right now and it wasnt the same before the invasion

Bush should be on trial

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:24 am

forge wrote:well It seems a bit like the people executing are no better really

but we already knew that

in fact the Bush administration could safely be said to have caused more deaths than saddam ever did and they'll never be executed for that - not by anyone
What would you do with him forge? Put him in anger managment group? I mean really.....left can only be so far before there's no more left to go!

As far as ausie killing more........riddle me this......other than the aborigines, wasn't Austrailia founded as a prison? So, wouldn't it make sense there would be plenty of deaths even if there was no death penalty? And still, I don't believe it's more....but that is an opinion in otherwise facts.

Shoe-shine-boy has been proven to have killed hundreds of thousands, and some of the torture techniques are really quite pleasent as well :roll:

Pooor saddam.......boo hoo.........you'll be missed.......at least by the ones you didn't kill.......

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:25 am

I wondered how long it would take to get the bush thing going........ :roll:

forge

Post by forge » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:26 am

eyeknow wrote:I wondered how long it would take to get the bush thing going........ :roll:
well...who created this situation? Bush is the reason it's being discussed

besides, been a while since there was a political debate round here! :lol:

forge

Post by forge » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:32 am

eyeknow wrote:
forge wrote:well It seems a bit like the people executing are no better really

but we already knew that

What would you do with him forge? Put him in anger managment group? I mean really.....left can only be so far before there's no more left to go!

As far as ausie killing more........riddle me this......other than the aborigines, wasn't Austrailia founded as a prison? So, wouldn't it make sense there would be plenty of deaths even if there was no death penalty? And still, I don't believe it's more....but that is an opinion in otherwise facts.

Shoe-shine-boy has been proven to have killed hundreds of thousands, and some of the torture techniques are really quite pleasent as well :roll:

Pooor saddam.......boo hoo.........you'll be missed.......at least by the ones you didn't kill.......
well...I'm not sure what that crazy and ignorant Australia comment was supposed to mean (kind of like saying all of you yanks are Puritans in black hats with buckles) but...

I guess we're arguing over the morality of the death penalty - whether by executing him you are stooping to his level

hundreds of thousands? I'm not so sure...if you're talking about the mass graves, they were supposed to be Iranian soldiers from the war - not that that makes it right, but they were the enemy in the war....what state were the vietnamese in when the US (and Australia) left? my point being if you're going to use that as the justification then you could do the same to any leader of any country that had ever been at war....
The 69-year-old was condemned to death last month after being convicted of crimes against humanity over the killings of 148 Shi'ite men in the town of Dujail in 1982.

D K

Post by D K » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:38 am

Shoe-shine-boy has been proven to have killed hundreds of thousands, and some of the torture techniques are really quite pleasent as well

you talking about bush or saddam?
your shoeshine boy's shoes fit both their feet!!!!

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:42 am

it's not a simple thing. Put aside the death penalty issue. Put aside Saddam. Put aside the fact that Saddam was better for the middle east stability than Bush. Put in front all the people destroyed by Saddam, and stay right there.

Why was he only tried for one war crimes event? If it was about justice where was the justice? Where was the democratic process of the people . Saddam was a part of 911? Ok, why were we not given justice on that. It's the very reason every soldier is fighting and dying out there. WTF