Live Newbie question....help please.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FransiscoTheMan

Live Newbie question....help please.

Post by FransiscoTheMan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:50 am

O. K . here goes.

I just recorded myself doing a little d n b set with a bunch of audio clips. I added effects throughout the set and tweaked em out when necessary. Now, when I play back the set, the effects are all still on in the last position I used them as opposed to actually playing back the movements I did during the set. How can I make the set play back the way it happened?

thanks,
Fransisco[/b]
"Sounds like the future to me."

Darwinist

Post by Darwinist » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:01 am

Apparently you were not recording automation.....were you recording in Overdub mode?

Did you forget to turn the record button off when reviewing your set maybe? I´m not sure how this works though - haven´t really worked with the arrangement view yet.

FransiscoTheMan

no I wasn't in overdub mode

Post by FransiscoTheMan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:28 am

I have a feeling this isn't that hard of a question. Can somebody please chime in?

rogavit

Post by rogavit » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:33 am

Have you tried the 'back to arrangement' button at the top, highlighted in red...?

FransiscoTheMan

it's not in red

Post by FransiscoTheMan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:17 am

I would hit that button but it's not in red

msticman

Post by msticman » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:38 am

if im reading your question correctly, then just hit record in arrangement view at the top. then start and make the adjustments to your effects. it should record them automatically.

you dont need to hit record on the track, just the one at the top.

hope this answers the question.
pc. pentium 4 ht 2.8 ghz, 5400rpm 20gb hd internal, 160gb external hd, 1.5 gb ram, wk-1630 casio keyboard, pioneer 1000w surround sound receiver, radio shack ssm-60 mixer. soundblaster and realtek soundcards. live 6, plugins, 2 monitors

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:03 am

If "added" means you dragged them onto tracks while playing your clips - then this wouldn't get recorded to automation. You'd have to have all the devices in place and then use the on/off switch or other controls to record to arrangement.

Check out lessons and the manual - it might help you get to grips with how things work.

-M