How Does one Stop two USB controllers From Having Conflict ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stale bread

How Does one Stop two USB controllers From Having Conflict ?

Post by stale bread » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:16 am

only one will work at a time they have conflict over usb id i guess, what do you do in this situation, for refference they are

the tascam us2400
and korg padkontrol
Mac, Mpc, and a Microphone

Thanks for the Slicer Abe.

tricil

Re: How Does one Stop two USB controllers From Having Confli

Post by tricil » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:49 am

stale bread wrote:only one will work at a time they have conflict over usb id i guess, what do you do in this situation, for refference they are

the tascam us2400
and korg padkontrol
check your irq's
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:12 pm

can somebody tell me how i can have a device conflict when I don't even have anything inserted into the 2 usb ports on the macbook. I thought it was my midi devices that was the problem but i noticed when taking everything out of the macbook ports I still have a usb device conflict and that little yellow exclamation symbol, restarting doesn't make it dissapear either.? wtf

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:50 pm

boomp

Spiralgroove

Post by Spiralgroove » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:05 am

dont put them on the same midi channel
and dont set all your tracks to "All Ins"

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:57 pm

thanks spiral but it's not a midi conflict i'm having it's a usb conflict, first I was having trouble with two usb midi controllers conected to my macbook at one timeand using them with-in Live, a tascam us2400, and an x-session.
it seems that they both want to use 'usb 2' in the live prefferences. I double checked this by unplugging one of them and then the other will work like its suppose to.

then triciil said something about it being irq settings so i went into the control panel and discoverd that there is a usb conflict, I did everything I could to change it but have not been able to solve the problem, coincidently I unplugged everything from the two usb ports on the macbook and still in my control panel it shows a usb conflict, you know that yellow circle with an exclamation mark inside it.
i'm at a loss really if anybody has a magic bullet I could really use one right now.