Rebirth and Mac OS X

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Plastic Hassle

Rebirth and Mac OS X

Post by Plastic Hassle » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am

Hi,
Does Rebirth actually work on Mac OS X? I downloaded it okay and got it up and running but the sound keeps glitching out. I've tried adjusting the buffering and changing my Sytems Settings/Energy Saver to highest performance all to no avail.
Should I just delete the whole thing and forget about it?
Thanks.
Apple iMac (OSX 10.5.2). Ableton Live 5.2.2 with Operator.

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Rebirth is not fully supported in OSX ie. from the Rebirth site it says will not fully function. Can you run it in classic? Otherwise, not sure how it would go on Virtual PC (as I see you are on a G4). I have had it working in XP/Parallels on my intel iMac.

Cheers
MBP 2.5ghz 4gb + Live 8.2.1 (Suite)

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:22 pm

As it stands I do not use rebirth at all, but I did download it when they started giving it away. I can tell you for sure that it does not run in OSX at all. It's an OS9 app, you can run it in classic but running any audio app in classic isn't the best idea.

Classic is sort of like virtual PC, all it is doing is running OS9 under OSX, I think classic was mainly a transitional tool for the switch when OSX was first released. Ideally boot into OS 9 (if your mac still supports that) when running rebirth.

For example, I have an old G3 imac that my wife uses (though she is really trying to take over my powerbook), once we get her a new computer I am thinking about taking that G3 and installing OS9 on it and making it a dedicated machine for rebirth. Who knows though, maybe it will end up as a juke box for the basement.

Plastic Hassle

Post by Plastic Hassle » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:37 pm

Sorry, I should have explained that I was running Rebirth in OS9 Classic.
Apple iMac (OSX 10.5.2). Ableton Live 5.2.2 with Operator.

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:37 pm

Sorry PH can't help you out to try it as I don't have classic on the intel.....
MBP 2.5ghz 4gb + Live 8.2.1 (Suite)

The_Super_Ape

CrossoverMac

Post by The_Super_Ape » Wed May 02, 2007 6:21 pm

Has anyone tried CrossoverMac http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/?

If so, any success?

wollej

Post by wollej » Sat May 05, 2007 7:42 pm

I've been using Rebirth on Parallels quite a while for creating background loops and exporting them as wav files. I had no succes integrating rebirth in this kind of setup, since parallels is missing a Audio/Midi Bridge.
Had anybody experience with midi over tcp/ip in parallels? What latency will occur?
MBP 2ghz, Live 8, MOTU 828 MK2, , Novation BassStation & SuperNova II, Virus Rack, Fatar Studio 88, BCR-2000, KRK RP6

http://www.myspace.com/elektrowolle