Ableton support

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ThrowAway

Ableton support

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Is top notch. Ive never experienced any better with products that are computer related.

Now only if they could make the search function on this board better or get new software. alot of this knowledge is getting wasted.

Precision

Post by Precision » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:57 pm

Funny...I was just thinking about starting a thread entitled "Positive reports of customer support", and then I read this :P

Yeah, I agree. Ableton get a solid 10/10 from me. They answered my latest support question - considering this is the day of release of 7 - rapidly, effectively and damn nicely too :D

Like I said in my response to them: keep up the good work 8)
Tone Deft wrote: it's hard to code Python when you're knocked up on morphine with your dick in a sling.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:32 pm

I absolutely agree. Can you imagine how fed up you and I would have been
after telling *so* many people that a) 'the problem is most likely caused by
one of the VSTs you're using', and b) 'here's how to figure out which one'?

Not to mention their active participation here on the forums, and their general
folksy approach to customer care.

:D

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:43 pm

just imagine how many emails and contacts to support are generally abusive and insulting, yet they manage to handle it all really calmly.
There must be a huge bucket of tranquilisers by each desk I suspect.

I would be so bad at that job

A typical User complaint Email :
"My Aberton sounds not a good as Pro Tooled, you are IDOIT FUCK my soundbalster16 is PRO qualitry and my ears are like platinum diamonds you make my loop sound all not good. I need MORE of midis louder. I never buy yor program ever and Warez version I will give to EVEYONE in the WORLD unless you fix this!!!! "

I wouldn't last a day on the support team. I'd be hitting the monitor with a cricket bat within 15 minutes I'm sure.

Precision

Post by Precision » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:51 pm

Angstrom wrote:just imagine how many emails and contacts to support are generally abusive and insulting, yet they manage to handle it all really calmly.
There must be a huge bucket of tranquilisers by each desk I suspect.

I would be so bad at that job

"My Aberton sounds not a good as Pro Tooled, you are IDOIT FUCK my soundbalster16 is PRO qualitry and my ears are like platinum diamonds you make my loop sound all not good. I need MORE of midis louder. I never buy yor program ever and Warez version I will give to EVEYONE in the WORLD unless you fix this!!!! "

I wouldn't last a day on the support team. I'd be hitting the monitor with a cricket bat within 15 minutes I'm sure.
OMFG - time to wipe the coffee of my monitor :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tone Deft wrote: it's hard to code Python when you're knocked up on morphine with your dick in a sling.

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:28 pm

ive always thought with ableton that u can tell it is made and conceived by ppl who genuinely make music and know wat musicians want from a modern software product. they always get the public involved, the tutorials r basically a free lesson in music theory and effectively teach a learner how to sequence. with logic and cubase, they seem to assume the users spk the language of the matrix as their help files and tutorials r far too complex.

aeon

Post by aeon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:30 pm

lmfao @ Angstrom... signature material ;)

i have had nothing but good experiences with Ableton support. although i suppose admitting as much publicly makes me a snivelling sycophantic coward ;)
digitally yours

maomao

Post by maomao » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:59 pm

Angstrom wrote:

"Hall of fame" material !!! :lol:
http://www.soundcloud.com/maomao

"one good thing about music is when it hits you feel no pain"