Farfisa organ plugin or samples?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aviavi

Farfisa organ plugin or samples?

Post by aviavi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:21 am

Hello.
Can anyone recommend an authentic-sounding organ plugin (for Mac) or set of samples to emulate a Farfisa organ?

Thanks,
A

orgul

Post by orgul » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:32 pm

for organ emu you can start with native instruments b4. for a specific farsia sound you'll have to search. I have a farsia included in east west nostalgia, but it sucks....

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Ilio vintage Time traveller samples (akai format)

Nevermind the cheesy demo, the Farfisas on this cd are beyond this world.
$159 is well worth it if you ask me.
There are so many libraries of sampled synths / organs and other vintage keyboards and results are actually useless. Vintage Time Traveller is the library that really cuts the mustard in terms of quality.

Very interesting gritty Hammonds and vox sounds as well.
The sampled synths are very good to. I've been having a lot of fun with my Akai Sampler (you can convert those libraries into other formats though)
Rhodes are desperate in it like most attempts to emulate or sample rhodes, but the rest is actually very interesting. The only two decent Rhodes emulations / samples as far as I'm concerned are the Nord Electro (I'm a proud owner) and the excellent Scarbee (Elektrik Piano is a far 3rd and Lounge Lizard is desperate, MrRay 73 freeware being numero4 IMHO)

Anyways, back to Farfisas, this is what you want to get your hands on.

http://www.ilio.com/sonicreality/vintime/index.html#

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:04 pm

So with it being akai format...If you don't have akai hardware, how do you use it with Live? Would it work with Live's Sampler?

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah. You should be able to convert it.
Even if there was a small error or two during the conversion, farfisa samples aren't multilayered like piano samples so it would be an easy fix.

Ajbbklyn

Post by Ajbbklyn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:06 pm

OT, I know but....

Ah gots da real thang!! That's my buddy playing the Farfisa VIP233 in the Spring of '73 when we were in a band.

It weighs about 100 lbs and has two keyboards. Among its many features (like a vibrato stop) is a "slalom" pedal for pitch shifting to -12.

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:27 pm

Ajbbklyn wrote:OT, I know but....

Ah gots da real thang!! That's my buddy playing the Farfisa VIP233 in the Spring of '73 when we were in a band.

It weighs about 100 lbs and has two keyboards. Among its many features (like a vibrato stop) is a "slalom" pedal for pitch shifting to -12.

I have a 300 series with a Synth Slalom knob. I know this isn't helpful, but I've yet to hear a Farfisa emulation that has even come close. Most Farfisas are either broken, or actively breaking, and that's what makes them sound so great. The emulations I've heard always sound like a Farsia fresh off the factory floor, in perfect working order. I've never actually heard a "perfect" Farfisa in real life. The flaws are always missing in the soft versions.

Drive to Houston?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Farfisa-VIP-600-Org ... dZViewItem

len9

Post by len9 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:55 pm

I own a Farfisa Compact and I have access to 3 other Compacts as well as a Compact Deluxe, a Compact Duo and a Fast 3.
For comping in the home/portable studio, nothing beats the Combo Sister plugin as far as I'm concerned. You can really dial in the amount of "malfunction" ;)

Give the demo a spin and hear for yourself:
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/combosister.html

cheers
Len