Your last Rock concert?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
j2j

Your last Rock concert?

Post by j2j » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:56 pm

what was your last rock concert?
too many lasers...

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:04 pm

(HED) pe. really good. but it has been a minute... we were considering tom petty next... anxiously awaiting rage against the machine, hopefully new material ass well.
i'd also like to catch granddaddy the next time they come thru austin...

blank

Post by blank » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:04 pm

Ministry with revolting cocks at the medley in montreal ( a little place )

was awesome.

Last pop/electro one was Emilie simon ( again in montreal), a pretty good show with weird custom controllers.

I'm going to see autechre in april, hope it will be good, I saw them 2 years ago for untitled and that was pretty nice

-B
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:06 pm

lets keep it on topic, please blank :lol: :lol: :lol:

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:14 pm

dcease wrote:(HED) pe. really good. but it has been a minute... we were considering tom petty next... anxiously awaiting rage against the machine, hopefully new material ass well.
Check it. I mixed this (HED) pe show>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSi3PaYw2jo 1 of 16 songs

Love em. They're my new favorite band. Chill cats.

Last show i saw was Kanye West at the Pearl in Vegas. Met the dude too.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:18 pm

knotkranky wrote:Met the dude too.
you mean he got to meet you. ;) I hope the smell comes off.

last show was Morrissey at the Fillmore, prior to that it was Moz at The Pearl.

blank - I'm jealous over that Ministry/RevCo show, WOW! did they do "if ya think I'm sexy?" love their version.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:24 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
knotkranky wrote:Met the dude too.
you mean he got to meet you. ;) I hope the smell comes off.

last show was Morrissey at the Fillmore, prior to that it was Moz at The Pearl.

blank - I'm jealous over that Ministry/RevCo show, WOW! did they do "if ya think I'm sexy?" love their version.
LOL, I don't feel Kanye at all but he personally let us in the back door at the Palms and gave us passes to sit at the console. He's cool but the show sucked your left huge nut.

Marilyn Manson Halloween at the pearl too. He sucked your right, slightly lower nut.

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:25 pm

knotkranky wrote:
dcease wrote:(HED) pe. really good. but it has been a minute... we were considering tom petty next... anxiously awaiting rage against the machine, hopefully new material ass well.
Check it. I mixed this (HED) pe show>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSi3PaYw2jo 1 of 16 songs

COOL! jared's voice sounds like shit, he hates that song, i've seen 'em a few times, all shows were good, they even played in my little ole town a couple of times. i give mad respect for groups who put ass much effort for >100, ass they do for <10000.

really cool guys. at the last show they were runnin thier own merch booth, kickin it with the fans. i learned from them no tobacco on the bus :lol:

as for kanye, better you than me, i would have tried to steal his jewlery, for 4 lemurs :lol:

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:27 pm

Tone Deft wrote: WOW! did they do "if ya think I'm sexy?" love their version.
so does my ole lady...

pieter

Post by pieter » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:30 pm

grandaddy split up...

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 pm

dcease wrote:
knotkranky wrote:

COOL! jared's voice sounds like shit, he hates that song, i've seen 'em a few times, all shows were good, they even played in my little ole town a couple of times. i give mad respect for groups who put ass much effort for >100, ass they do for <10000.

really cool guys. at the last show they were runnin thier own merch booth, kickin it with the fans. i learned from them no tobacco on the bus :lol:

as for kanye, better you than me, i would have tried to steal his jewlery, for 4 lemurs :lol:

His voice was off a bit from the flu on that. Nice catch.

I mixed a second show with them months after just a few weeks ago. Great show, voice was on. They wanna use it for a dvd. We'll see.

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 pm

pieter wrote:
grandaddy split up...
no fuckin way?! well there is always you tube :?

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:34 pm

knotkranky wrote:
dcease wrote:
knotkranky wrote: Check it. I mixed this (HED) pe show>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSi3PaYw2jo 1 of 16 songs

His voice was off a bit from the flu on that. Nice catch.

I mixed a second show with them months after just a few weeks ago. Great show, voice was on. They wanna use it for a dvd. We'll see.
i'd like a nice dvd...

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:36 pm

^ Wish I could trust you with my copy :wink:

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:41 pm

knotkranky wrote:^ Wish I could trust you with my copy :wink:
i hear ya... so many pirate punks. i wouldn't trust anyone with a copy myself. look what happens to the rappers... although sometimes i wonder if stuff is prematurely leaked to build some momentum... but that is an entirely new thread :lol: