Another NIN post.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Spackled Bat

Another NIN post.

Post by Spackled Bat » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Here's a pretty cool rehearsal video. Nice setup.

There is a quick flash of Live about 2/3 of the way in if you're into that kind of thing.

http://pitchfork.tv/special-presentatio ... rehearsals

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Aah, can't wait to seem them again. :)

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:04 pm

Wow. I love that Trent's such a perfectionist. really helps his music! I'd love to see them! My try this tour.
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

abort

Post by abort » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 pm

When was he suppose to release a new album, other then the slip ..which I felt was like a beginning to what he's going for. Lyrically, I wish he would become more disturbing at. ..really sit down and think, think, ..ok whats next. His next album Lyrically should blow us away., but whether or not that effort is all up to him.

I wonder how much he uses Live? He's got so much hardware?

bla blaa blaa anyway!

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Man, I hate to sound like a downer, but this album simply blows. And this song in particular is the most musically uninteresting piece of junk he's ever come up with.

And I'm not one of those people who have been trashing his later stuff saying "Oh when will it be like pretty hate machine/downward spiral again!". No no, I loved ghosts and I loved year zero and everything up to it. These songs on slip are just a complete mess, both musically and lyrically.

Sorry for the rant. I fell like someone in there still has some talent. Atticus Ross does programming it says in the pdf, and there are still some cool sounds/beats on a couple sounds, which i think is due to him. However any song where it's more of a full band type sound is just awful.
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:12 pm

I hated a lot of his post-2000 recordings, but these two last ones seem to have refound some of the nerve of the past.

Still, I wish he would stop singing that he didn't feel anything. We get *THAT* already - christ!

abort

Post by abort » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Machinate wrote:I hated a lot of his post-2000 recordings, but these two last ones seem to have refound some of the nerve of the past.

Still, I wish he would stop singing that he didn't feel anything. We get *THAT* already - christ!
Thats what I mean about the vocals!

I think there's just too much going on in most of the 'Live band" stuff. I've always been awaiting for him to get extremely ugly with his talent.

refound the nerve of nin ...vocals got to get sick! Live band stuff makes the money but I think it could be more simplistic.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:24 pm

Weird how people get so caught up in Trent's lyrics. I've been listening since 89 (who wants to touch me?) and I couldn't quote one damn thing he has said in a song unless the song is blasting in my ear. Has he had some big profound lyrical moments that makes you think he is any better lyrically then what he is spitting out now?

But yeah, the emo angst got old and I'm sure he has probably had at least 1 or 2 enjoyable dinner dates in the past 19 years. Cheer up little guy.

synnack

Post by synnack » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:53 pm

It continues to amaze me that people think NIN=Trent.

Trent hires lots of talented people go to in his studio and create new sounds and soundscapes and entire tracks sometimes. Then takes all the credit as if he did much.

I have met several famous and unknown people who have "worked for trent" in his studios who have told me this.

Don't believe the hype. The only think he's good at is marketing. He puts together photoshoots of him in studios but the reality is there are a lot of people behind the scenes that are far more creative and responsible for any & of NIN that doesn't suck.

I feel better now.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

abort

Post by abort » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:17 pm

I still thinks thats hes gots thes directings parts that he controls as a producer,

most reliant nin fans know about the many people he involves in his music. Its interesting although that a lot of those "ghost" musicians do get equal opportunity's to become independent if not already famous in there own right. Its not that fare fetched to even mention.

So really it continues to amaze me that "people" like to continue to assume, assuming you know more!?

Here one thing I don't know for sure ...did he get married some time ago, and had a baby or something?

Bad things always happen to me when I talk about NIN.

synnack

Post by synnack » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 pm

I was born and raised in New Orleans, have been to his studio several times when he lived there. I've drank with people who have worked in his studio, and him. And talked directly about this topic with them.

So yeah, I do think my "assumptions" are far more accurate than the thousands of kids who think Trent deserves hero worship.

I've seen it myself.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager

abort

Post by abort » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Well, I'm glade you had the opp to do that.

If you had a chance to do that again would you?
What other band do you think would be interesting to collaborate with.

synnack

Post by synnack » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Of course I would. He has a crazy cool studio.

Mostly because people give him everything for free so that when studio photos are taken or he does interviews, maybe he'll mention it or show it.

NIN/Trent is a major marketing machine for the exact point of my posts here. People see these pictures and videos and think he even knows what any of the stuff he has actually does.

abort

Post by abort » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:49 pm

:D

abort

Post by abort » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:49 pm

Stupid forum is glitchy, sorry