All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm 

Well i suppose, but im pretty sure the upgrade from live 8 to live suite 8 is €279 - 25% €209 thats all im getting. Suppose ableton are just waiting until live 9 is lanuched!

but makes me think i might be missing out if i didnt update and just waited...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:31 am 

funken wrote:
Hmm.. if they are doing it, why tf aren't they advertising it?

GO :arrow: https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/
choose your licence [if it is not done yet] and the price you will see is the discounted price

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:03 pm 

I already have Suite, that's why I don't get shown the prices.

Post subject: Live 9 Upgrade paths
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 pm 

So I'm just curious if I should buy a discounted new Live 8 Suite w/ upgrade or wait for the Live9-upgrade on their website.

ableton.com tells me this Live8Suite+M4l user - > Live 9 Suite update 199Euros, Live Standard update 129Euros

So if I just upgrade(downgrade) to Live 9 standard (129Euros), I keep M4L, but lose Sampler,Analog,Operator and everything else? Or do I even lose M4L, because I only have a M4L 5.1 license?
That's really a bad deal.
Basically, at the moment Live Lite to Suite 8 upgraders get M4L with the free Live Suite 9 update, but users that paid for M4L it don't get rewarded with a proper discount, is that correct or do I miss something???

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:22 pm 

There is so much confusion on this stuff...

If you own operator, analog, M4L, any devices you already purchased, then you own a license to that instrument.

If you upgrade to Live 9 standard, you have all of Live 9, plus whatever licenses youve acquired. If you already own Operator, you'll have Operator. You will be missing out on some sound packs, like essential orchestra, etc. that did not come with the license for Live 8 Suite. The version of m4l that Live 9 uses is based on Max6, so being that it is a completely upgraded version, this will not carry over, however they are offering a discount of 65 bucks to current owners of m4l as stated in their FAQ.

You will not lose whatever you already own. For most people upgrading from Suite, upgrading to Standard will be exactly what they need.

I wish pricing questions were directed to Ableton, not the user form. And I also wish Ableton did a better job of making this information prevalent, as it is stuff that has been asked and answered time and again by the Abes in random parts of the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 pm 

ttilberg wrote:

Yep. New website design is not really clear on all of these questions. And this thread is definitely TL:DR.

ttilberg wrote:
If you own operator, analog, M4L, any devices you already purchased, then you own a license to that instrument.

So, I have Live8 Suite, so I only miss the new glue compressor when upgrading?

ttilberg wrote:
If you upgrade to Live 9 standard, you have all of Live 9, plus whatever licenses youve acquired. If you already own Operator, you'll have Operator. You will be missing out on some sound packs, like essential orchestra, etc. that did not come with the license for Live 8 Suite. The version of m4l that Live 9 uses is based on Max6, so being that it is a completely upgraded version, this will not carry over, however they are offering a discount of 65 bucks to current owners of m4l as stated in their FAQ. You will not lose whatever you already own. For most people upgrading from Suite, upgrading to Standard will be exactly what they need.

That doesn't make sense. If I upgrade to Live 9 standard and have to buy M4L again for 59 Euros then it's pointless not to upgrade to suite because the Suite upgrade is almost the same price (129+59 standard+m4l vs.199 Suite).
Seems like existing L8Suite+M4L-users are really screwed.

ttilberg wrote:

And I also wish Ableton did a better job of making this information prevalent, as it is stuff that has been asked and answered time and again by the Abes in random parts of the forum.

+1 on that one!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:11 am 

#1thelark wrote:
ttilberg wrote:

So, I have Live8 Suite, so I only miss the new glue compressor when upgrading?

i think you're overcomplicating this. if you own Suite 8... then you just pay to upgrade and... voilà... you own Suite 9... there is nothing additional Ableton has to offer at that point. M4L is now included.

when people try to crossgrade their licenses and only pay for part of this while keeping the old that... complaining if the math gets a little cumbersome seems somewhat ironic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 am 

in America the push plus live9 [suite: edit] upgrade is 849!

A Live 9 suite upgrade(standalone) is 299 and a Push (outside my account) is 499 = 798

I can buy a push from some random dealer like guitar center and Live 9 suite upgrade standalone for less than the now advertised push upgrade price for suite (liv8) owners; thats fucked up and there better be a nice fat discount; much larger than what is advertised on your push page. Especially since you are saying there will be an even further discounted live 9 price for current Live owners.

Suite for life motherfuckers, dont fuck us in this fucked up economy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 pm 

show me one company that sells a product on it's own website and also at retail outlets for the exact same price and i'll show you 1000 companies whose product can be bought cheaper at the retail outlets than their own website.

this isn't new folks... unless you're 18 years old and just got your first debit/credit card, in which case it's only new to you.

the logic here is that the retail outlets help companies sell their products... not that the source company outbid all their retail outlets. why bother having retail outlets at all then? - because shipping things is fun? :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 pm 

One thing I'm unsure of is the upgrade to Max 6. I currently own Suite+M4L, but recently bought the cross grade to Max 6 standalone. If I upgrade to Live standard at €129, then I retain my M4L licence. The only reason I would pay to upgrade my M4L license is to have Max 6. Since I already own Max 6 as a standalone, is there any point in me doing this?

I have feeling I've answered my own question in writing it... :oops: Have I?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm 

I'm fairly sure that if you already have an authorization for M4L then if you upgrase to Live 9 standard your M4L will still be authorized, you just need a copy of Max 6 (paid or demo mode) to make it work.

You can still buy M4L separately from other devices, without buying the suite. As with other devices you will retain your authorization when upgrading to a new version of Live.

When you upgrade to the suite the price calculation makes an adjustment for any devices that you already own.

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm 

Yes - I thought as much. I've a feeling I am going to go the 'standard' upgrade route when the time comes. It all depends, of course, on the discount Ableton offer on release.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:00 pm 

I havé live 8 suite, I m willing to upgrade to suite 9 for 150. And I would buy push for 350 more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 pm 

Ya I'm a Live 8 Suite owner and it says my upgrade to Live 9 Suite is $299.00!!!!!
That's fucking insane to me. I really hope we get a significant discount when it's released.
I've dropped ridiculous amounts of$$$$ w/ Ableton. Hoping they hook it up a little.

I'll have to upgrade regardless, but I'm a broke as DJ/Producer. A lil love and customer appreciation would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:05 am 

Theo Void wrote:
Ya I'm a Live 8 Suite owner and it says my upgrade to Live 9 Suite is $299.00!!!!!
That's fucking insane to me. I really hope we get a significant discount when it's released.
I've dropped ridiculous amounts of$$$$ w/ Ableton. Hoping they hook it up a little.

I'll have to upgrade regardless, but I'm a broke as DJ/Producer. A lil love and customer appreciation would be nice.

+1

Would be nice if they offered a better deal to those who have been supporting them with upgrades for many versions.

soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Maschine 2 / Komplete 9 / OhmForce / MicroTonic / SynPlant / Bitspeak / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / MC-202 / Monotron & Duo / Serato & Dicers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 65  Next