All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm 

andydes wrote:
#1thelark wrote:
I asked Ableton for the cheapest upgradepath from suite8&m4l and they told me I'd only need Live 9 (non Suite). M4L and all instruments from Suite 8 will be updated so I guess except for the glue compressor or the new additional sounds I won't miss anything.

You'll get the glue as well, which is great. Unless you don't need the glue of course, then it's an OUTRAGE!

yep ^

not getting over on da man is totally unacceptable!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:03 pm 

andydes wrote:
#1thelark wrote:
I asked Ableton for the cheapest upgradepath from suite8&m4l and they told me I'd only need Live 9 (non Suite). M4L and all instruments from Suite 8 will be updated so I guess except for the glue compressor or the new additional sounds I won't miss anything.

You'll get the glue as well, which is great. Unless you don't need the glue of course, then it's an OUTRAGE!

Hmm.. glue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:28 pm 

H20nly wrote:

100% right on brother!

Hd

'enjoy what you can while you can'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:09 pm 

heavensdaw wrote:
H20nly wrote:

100% right on brother!

Hd

da man being anybody who tries to charge you for anything ever.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:54 pm 

hell yeah! i want the free ______ and the free _______! i also want to buy one ________ and get another _______ free! what do you mean you don't have time to develop your free iPhone/iPad/Android app? it cost me nothing and i expect million dollar service! STAT!!! we shouldn't have to pay for software either... that's what internet connections are for!

while we're at it... i'm sick of paying taxes too!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:06 am 

I'll tell "fuck you" to my baker next time I go take some bread.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:16 am 

that's the spirit!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 pm 

I need some clarification so excuse me if its been asked 1000% before.

I am a Live 8 Suite and M4L owner who is not interested in 50 gig of audio I just would like Max 6 and Live 9 maybe. Will Max 6 work in Live 8 suite?

Would there be an option for Live 9 and Max 6 without the sound library?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm 

amnesia56 wrote:
I need some clarification so excuse me if its been asked 1000% before.

I am a Live 8 Suite and M4L owner who is not interested in 50 gig of audio I just would like Max 6 and Live 9 maybe. Will Max 6 work in Live 8 suite?

Would there be an option for Live 9 and Max 6 without the sound library?

Max 6 is not supposed to be supported with Live 8but I've been using it for almost a year now and everything seems to work fine for me, and I've used it to patch audio, midi and video devices.

Madlab sound unit :/: sounds FX, objects, guitar and electronics :/: end_of_transmission

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 pm 

Hi, I'm left utterly confused re. Pricing. I will be a brand new Ableton user and want to buy live 9 and push, but right now Ableton can't give me a straight answer as to which way is cheapest.

I see 2 routes...

1. Buy live 8 now on sale with free upgrade to 9 then buy push as standalone. Push price not out yet Si I can't forecast how much this would be

2. Buy live 9 and push together as new user, I want suite so seems to fine in at 999 euro.

Any other routes or thoughts on cheapest way to purchase 9 and push really appreciated

Many thanks

Aaron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 pm 

serbia wrote:
2. Buy live 9 and push together as new user, I want suite so seems to fine in at 999 euro.

My problem with this route is that you will almost certainly end up stung when comparing with online/shop prices (usually discounted down a notch).

When I was making the big step up in music gear/software back in October I went with Live 8 + the upgrade and decided to see what Push would cost me when something more concrete was announced. It's a tougher choice to make now to be honest but I think getting Live 8 Suite now and buying Push on its on at a later date will be cheaper than 999 euros.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 pm 

Definitely. Especially when music retailers often have 20% off coupons or $xx off of $xxx deals. Fr instance, I just bought live 8 suite boxed upgrade with free Live 9 suite for less than Abelton's download live 8 suite price. if Push is around $599 in stores, you'll be able to score it for $479.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 pm 

exper wrote:
Definitely. Especially when music retailers often have 20% off coupons or $xx off of $xxx deals. Fr instance, I just bought live 8 suite boxed upgrade with free Live 9 suite for less than Abelton's download live 8 suite price. if Push is around $599 in stores, you'll be able to score it for $479.

Does anyone know any European dealers offering discounts like these?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:35 pm 

Goseba wrote:
exper wrote:

Not like for like but at the moment in the UK I bagged Live 8 Suite (boxed) for something like £380 while Ableton were selling the download for about £100 more (if I remember correctly). European retailers will be similarily priced I'd imagine - a quick Google search will sort you out.

As for Push, I doubt there will be much in the way of discount for a while in the UK at least but retailers will probably be a few £ cheaper than Ableton.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 pm 

J0n35y wrote:
Goseba wrote:
exper wrote:

Not like for like but at the moment in the UK I bagged Live 8 Suite (boxed) for something like £380 while Ableton were selling the download for about £100 more (if I remember correctly). European retailers will be similarily priced I'd imagine - a quick Google search will sort you out.

As for Push, I doubt there will be much in the way of discount for a while in the UK at least but retailers will probably be a few £ cheaper than Ableton.

Push is what I am looking to get. Ableton confirmed there would be no Push deals for Live owners unless they do the Upgrade + Push offer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 65  Next